Tattoos

Sceptik

Tattoos   

100 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to get a tattoo(s)/open to the possibility of getting one or several?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Curious to see the results. 

Purple Red Panda

I sometimes consider it but the only bits of my skin people ever see are my head, neck, hands and forearms none of which I really want inked, so it would seem a bit of a waste of money.

Just a Quail

Maybe, but I have no clue where or what it would be. Plus, my family is rather conservative and would flip out if I got one lol. I'll let my future self decide that.

I like tattoos, I don’t like needles. So whilst the idea of having a tattoo is cool, the reality... not so much :P 

I've seriously considered a tattoo for a while now. But in Japan it's hella expensive and can get you banned from some areas or required to cover up, so waiting until I leave at the very least. But I'm weak as fuck to pain and scared of needles, so we'll see if I ever get one. 

I think tattoos are beautiful, and would love to get one as soon as I can decide on a design.

I have a couple and I'll probably get inked again before the end of the year. I sometimes consider getting something a bit more substantial, but maybe I'm working up to that in my head. 

No. I can’t think of anything I’d want permanently on my skin. I change too much lol.

7 hours ago, Sceptik said:

Curious to see the results. 

In my belief tattoos hurt the body so I wouldn't get them. Look into: Macrophages. 

I don't like needles, so nope 

10 hours ago, SithEmpress said:

But in Japan it's hella expensive and can get you banned from some areas or required to cover up

I read once that it's typically frowned upon in Japan, why's that the case though?

I still love Japan for other things, nonetheless. 

4 hours ago, GingerRose said:

In my belief tattoos hurt the body so I wouldn't get them. Look into: Macrophages.

I'm not sure what's the correlation is here, do you mean that it might affect the Macrophages or something else? 

3 hours ago, Sceptik said:

I read once that it's typically frowned upon in Japan, why's that the case though?

I still love Japan for other things, nonetheless. 

It's often linked to yakuza since they tattooed a lot over their bodies. So blocking tattoos from entering their place would be essentially not allowing yakuza in.

4 hours ago, Sceptik said:

I'm not sure what's the correlation is here, do you mean that it might affect the Macrophages or something else? 

Yep. With the macrophages, they help keep the ink in the skin, but at the same time they do this by accident because they think the injection of the tattoo ink is a dangerous intrusion to the body. Personifying macrophages~

Grew up with 2 parents who both had tattoos. I have 2 now but it's been 9 years since my last tattoo job... I've been craving a new one for ages but I need to save my money for other things. 😕 Seriously, though, I have 2 albums on facebook and another one on my desktop full of ones I want. 

Anomaly Q3Xr

I got a tattoo quite a few years ago.  I regret it immensely now.  Luckily it is fairly small, and most people I know are unaware of its existence.

I kind of want to have a tattoo, but I don't like the idea of getting one. I'm also worried I'll regret it.

fooledbysecrecy

ohh i want many but a bit scared of the whole procedure... (but tbh i'm more scared about actually going to a tattoo shop and ask about things 🙃 and thinking they'd laugh at me for being a n00b even though logically everyone has to start somewhere)

1 hour ago, fooledbysecrecy said:

ohh i want many but a bit scared of the whole procedure... (but tbh i'm more scared about actually going to a tattoo shop and ask about things 🙃 and thinking they'd laugh at me for being a n00b even though logically everyone has to start somewhere)

I promise you they won't do this - they want your money!

Nah, not gonna happen.

I have three little tattoos from when I had radiotherapy for breast cancer.  I can't decide if I would ever have a decorative one purely for "fun".

I might some day, but I'm lazy about getting around to things like that, and for now I am avoiding any unnecessary exposure to humans.

everywhere and nowhere

I don't think so. It's probably risky for people suffering from allergy. And I don't like tattoos very much. Some nice pattern might look good, but lots of tattoos, or tattoos covering whole arms - "yuck" for me.

Plus, same as @Purple Red Panda - I'm nudity-averse and show very little skin. I don't like sleeves shorter than elbow-length (particularly since I also prefer clothes which are more loose, so on me they may reach a little further down than intended), I wear long pants all year long, never expose my back or abdomen... Which, by the way, look bad most of the time, these are areas very sensitive to rashes.

I have an AVEN-related tattoo.

scarletlatitude

I said yes because there was no "i already have 3" option. :P 

Pro tip - don't get a tattoo on your ribs unless you are prepared to be a real MVP. It hurts. A lot. I used numbing cream too. 

36 minutes ago, Snao Cone (me) said:

I have an AVEN-related tattoo.

jBd5eVa.gif

Grumpy Alien

I have four. I love tattoos. I’d be covered if I could.

I love tattoos. Love seeing them on others. I wouldn't mind helping a friend design a tattoo for themselves. I even find them to be pretty hot on a dude - provided they're well done and well-placed.

But I don't want one. It could change in the future, but I'd have to put some serious, serious thought into it.

The plan is to get fully inked, at least all up my arms, collarbone, and back. I already have one that's from a Stray Kids song (Grow Up(잘 하고 있어)), and I love it because not only does it represent a part of my life, but it reminds me that everything is going to be all right. :)

But yeah. I wanna be INKED.

I have one on my forearm already, but plan to get that covered up with roses. Have a few more ideas for some after that. Just a matter of getting the money and actually making an appointment.

Archived