My Girlfriend is Asexual

ABnSW

I seem to have gotten you wrong. I was under the impression that your post was a little hostile. Sorry. We do seem to have a different sense of humour.

I'm still questioning my orientation and haven't completely abandoned the idea of becoming romantic and sexual one day but I have no first-hand experience in the field. So you'll probably understand that I find your (and other Avenites') vision of partnership quite disturbing...

I'm sorry you have to see so much misery around you.

And ABnSW, I've hijacked your thread. Won't happen again...

No, I'm not hostile... like they said before, I have a dark sense of humor... I learned that in the school of life.

Wait another few decades, you'll see what I mean...

Good luck figuring yourself out.

*rushes in to remind everyone that they should play nice*

*looks around*

*realizes that everyone is already playing nice and they worked everything out on their own*

*wanders off, feeling useless*

:roll: :lol:

Wait another few decades, you'll see what I mean...

This sentence sort of encapsulates why your posts can occasionally nettle me, Thylacine. I get that you have a black sense of humor, etc., and that you don't mean to come off as hostile, but sometimes I get the feeling that you believe that everyone who knew as much as you would feel the same way you do...when, in my experience, there are a lot of people who have had miserable lives who STILL don't express it as negatively as you sometimes do.

This is not to say I don't appreciate your posts - I do. I just can understand why people would take issue with them sometimes. I think it's possible that you can come off as seeing people as naive for not viewing things as cynically as you do. From what you've said, black cynicism seems like a reasonable reaction to your life - but other people are going to have different experiences, and that doesn't mean their worldview is less rational than yours.

Well... no, I don't think people are naive. I just notice a lot of the people here are like college age kids and I'm... well... wait another few decades you'll be my age!!!

Maybe a lot of people's lives are easier than mine, so they won't have the same attitude as I do... Maybe a lot of people's lives are harder than mine, so their attitude is going to be much worse...

My concept of the universe is based on the life I have had. I've had good times, bad times, and there have been times when I existed in hell... I don't mean to nettle people. I just write what I see in life. My life is better now than when I was growing up, but it was never easy. I see what goes on in my family too, drugs, alcohol, adultery, wife beating, your favorite misdemeanor in this space here...

I sure hope your life will be easier than mine.

Hey guys....I think ABnSW might like his thread back.

I'm no admin, but I, too, would prefer this thread be kept on topic, as I'm interested as well.

Sorry if this offends anyone - if you have an issue, please PM me. If you have an issue with what other people are saying, please PM them.

I'm just getting tired from checking in for updates on the thread, only to find them non-related. Personal disputes or discussions like what have occurred here I've always thought should go create their own thread, or be finished through private messaging, because they scare shy posters (one of which I usually am) away, and also annoy the person who posted here for genuine help.

Thank you for cooperating. (Sorry ABnSW, for posting something un-related in your thread, but I felt that someone should try and bring this back to the topic at hand).

So about sexuals dating asexuals...

(Edit: it has been brought to my attention that I sounded rather grumpy in this reply - which I was, but I shouldn't have posted as such. Apologies to all involved....really. In nicer terms, my point is that the discussion has strayed from the original, and my vote is that it returns to giving advice on what to do in a sexual/asexual relationship, rather than a debate about life, which is a legitimate, but different discussion.) :oops:

No, KSpaz, maybe you're right. This happens a lot. People get into these conversations & stuff...

Okay, ABnSW, you were saying... ?

• 2 weeks later...

well things are going great between Stephanie and I. Thanks for all your support and advice. Things are picking up for me as well. We have both expressed our feelings toward eachother and we would like to be together for as long as fate allows, children or not. Thanks again.

Archived