• Maybe
    • I don't know

This poll is closed to new votes

Master Zaydoo

Who is autistic here?

NickyTannock

I am.

Purple Red Panda

Honestly don't know. I have various traits that seem to fit on the autistic spectrum but I have never been diagnosed as such and at least some of those parts of me that seem to fit could be explained by other things.

Maybe. I’ve never been diagnosed but I fit most of the traits to a T.

Fraggle Underdark

Does this question mean to include Asperger's Syndrome (sometimes considered a milder point on the same spectrum) or only Autism?

andreas1033

I was never tested for it, but i would not be surprised if i was.

My answer is maybe. I do not care for labels, so never bothered about being tested.

I haven't been tested so I went for no

Janus the Fox

Diagnosed and graded moderate, scoring high on the Adult Asperger's Assessment.  That would perhaps be ASD Lv 2 if regraded.  Diagnosed about 7 years or so ago now so developments in that area may put me further down the functional spectrum.

Anthracite_Impreza

I have a fancy certificate and everything.

Grumpy Alien

No. I don’t tick any of the boxes. Closest I get to ticking a box are not being a people person (prefer my own company) and I had difficulty with eye contact as a small child but that was due to severe anxiety and I got over it fairly quickly.

AceMissBehaving

Currently undergoing possible  diagnosis. A second person with a lot of experience working with people with autism brought it up to me recently. After m reading up a lot of things matched up with my experiences all the way back from early childhood to now. 

Waiting to hear back from the testing to see what they say.

Yes, ASD level 1 (basically "high-functioning" / Asperger's, under the DSM-5 classification).

Certainly I have neurodiverse responses, and other characteristics such as apraxia. People who know me say that I'm autistic, but these traits could be comorbid with another condition, the diagnosis of which precludes ASD. 

Master Zaydoo
21 hours ago, fragglerock said:

Does this question mean to include Asperger's Syndrome (sometimes considered a milder point on the same spectrum) or only Autism?

Asperger's as well, as it was recently added to the Autism spectrum by doctors (I have Asperger's/Autism). 

Fraggle Underdark

I haven't gotten a formal diagnosis (don't see any benefit) but a number of people suggested I might be on the spectrum and when I read up on it it fit very well. I appear to have relatively mild Asperger's.

ace bookdragon

I have Asperger's, so yes.

fooledbysecrecy

no diagnosis yet but def on the spectrum i'd say.

HonoraryJedi

I was diagnosed at 13 as "[Jedi]'s problems can today best be described as Aspergers Syndrome" And since then, Aspergers has been removed from the list of diagnoses, I think it is now called Autism stage 1. So that would make me officially autistic now. But I am not sure I can really say I am autistic, because of the wording of my diagnosis. Perhaps my problems today are best described in some other way?

On 6/23/2020 at 11:59 AM, fragglerock said:

Asperger's Syndrome is now considered a type of Autism under our DSM-5 Standards.

Aquatic Paradox

I've been tested before and came out negative. I do have some characteristics that are associated with autism though.

Got diagnosed, but I'm skeptical on it. I can see some traits, and I can see some traits on my mother. But the test was only an intelligence-test. How can they get proper image on my whole autism with just intelligence test.

(for who cares: out of all who had taken that test, within all subcategories for intelligence I scored on top 10%, and over all in top 3% or something (#wasted_potential~))

Anthracite_Impreza
12 minutes ago, Borderline said:

Got diagnosed, but I'm skeptical on it. I can see some traits, and I can see some traits on my mother. But the test was only an intelligence-test. How can they get proper image on my whole autism with just intelligence test.

(for who cares: out of all who had taken that test, within all subcategories for intelligence I scored on top 10%, and over all in top 3% or something (#wasted_potential~))

... autism has nothing to do with intelligence.

2 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

... autism has nothing to do with intelligence.

Yeah, I know, I do know I were in some tests as a kid, and we chatted some along the tests, but a diagnosis just based on intelligence test felt off.

Anthracite_Impreza
Just now, Borderline said:

Yeah, I know, I do know I were in some tests as a kid, and we chatted some along the tests, but a diagnosis just based on intelligence test felt off.

It's completely wrong, is what it is. Not that that's your fault, but it's BS.

Not that I'm aware of. I've never been tested and have only had one person in my life suggest I might be somewhere on the spectrum. So I doubt it. 

Rhyn Corinn

When I was really young (like 5 or something maybe?) I've been told I was diagnosed with 'autistic tendencies'. Other than that, I've never had a real diagnosis, but after learning more about autism earlier this year I'm pretty sure there's no way I'm not on the spectrum.

• 1 month later...
Katrine1963Edinburgh

I am asexual and autistic (I was diagnosed in November 2014) as well as identifying as neutrois/agender.

there's a lot of things I relate with when I read about Autism, but there's a lot more overlap between symptoms and traits than was previously understood between mental illness and neurodivergence, so I voted "maybe"

I was diagnosed with "mild atypical Asperger's" at 13, although I've changed a lot since then.  I doubt I would fit the label now.  I was absolutely painfully awkward as a teen and had some definite traits I've since grown out of, so I'm not sure the label was wrong, but who knows if it was ever right, either?

I was also diagnosed with traits of nonverbal learning disability, which has a really high comorbidity with Asperger's.  Each time my IQ was tested, I had a huge (like in the order of standard deviations) gap between nonverbal and verbal IQ.  So I do think at the very least, my brain is quirky.  Maybe not autistic, but different.

Archived