Asexual Characters

ShiroTora

Never thought about Oz that way. Some of those things you quoted are things that an asexual might say, but didn't he also have sex with that werewolf girl later in the show?

Oz did have sex with the werewolf girl but only AFTER he'd transformed into wolf form, after which point the wolf mind takes over and sexual attraction isn't really an issue anymore. He never had sex with her while in human form.

Never thought about Oz that way. Some of those things you quoted are things that an asexual might say, but didn't he also have sex with that werewolf girl later in the show?

Oz did have sex with the werewolf girl but only AFTER he'd transformed into wolf form, after which point the wolf mind takes over and sexual attraction isn't really an issue anymore. He never had sex with her while in human form.

Bingo. The wolf part takes over him. In his werewolf form Oz tries to kill people, but that's not considered his fault; I don't see how his sexual tendencies as a werewolf should be considered to be any more in his control than his violence tendencies are.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a good one!!

Sirius Black, in Harry Potter! I'm sure he's not only asexual, but aromantic, too. I just realized like a second ago, he never got married, or even had girlfriends. He was the Potter's best man, but they never say anything about marriages of his own. (This makes me so happy. I love Sirius even more now) :D

Edit: Just re-read a part, and the only part where romance and Sirius is even mentioned in the same sentence that I know of is in the "Snape's Worst Memory" chapter. It mentions that he's very attractive and a girl is staring at him "hopefully" but he doesn't notice.

• 4 weeks later...
Dr. Spencer Reed Phd. From the CBS show Criminal Minds, seems like he might be asexual.

I've been thinking the same for a while now. I was 'talking' to another fan last night (or early this morning). She asked why I should think it, as he was clearly 'into' Lila one episode - I struggled to think of a few - but she countered they could be due to his unusual childhood.

So what makes you think he could be Kallan?

From Shortpacked (thanks, fellow AVENite):

20070507mate.png

Jughead from the Archie comics is arguably quite asexual.

Jughead#167.gif

There are better ones, but that's the best I could find quickly.

jewel_box554

I was just thinking about this the other day, but I think Daria Morgendorfer from the old MTV show could be asexual. She had a crush on Jane's brother, Trent, but she never expressed any sexual desires. Even when she was dating Tom in season 5, she chickened out of having sex with him to "take their relationship to the next level". Although to be honest, she never seemed to want to have sex in the first place. It's been a while since I've been able to watch it and they haven't released it out on dvd yet, so I can't remember exactly what she said.

Nico-Nico Friendo

Yeah, Daria! I remember that show. I used to like watching it and found it funny because my thoughts and feelings were similar to Daria's with regards to high school and other teenagers. It was like watching creatures on an alien planet or working at a psych ward.

I noticed that she was not exactly the 'romantic' type. But she did seem to like Trent and Tom . . .

No one can probably know for sure, but she seemed asexual to me.

Hey, I don't think anyone's mentioned Amélie, yet. She seems pretty asexual, doesn't she? (Unless I'm forgetting something... I haven't seen the film in a while.)

I'm probably the only person who has seen this movie but how about the character Birdy from the movie of the same name. It's some 80's movies I haven't seen in years but I do remember the main character seemed very disinterested in dating when his friend was trying to get him a girl. And I recall him making a comment on breasts that made it clear how he saw no sexual association towards them.

There's also the main character in Gangster No. 1. Although some people still argue that he's a repressed homosexual. I just think they miss the whole point of the movie.

jewel_box554
Yeah, Daria! I remember that show. I used to like watching it and found it funny because my thoughts and feelings were similar to Daria's with regards to high school and other teenagers. It was like watching creatures on an alien planet or working at a psych ward.

Me too! :D My life in high school was practically identical to how Daria's was portrayed. (It still is in college too). My old best friend and I used to compare ourselves to Daria and Jane, since we were almost exactly like them. I'm glad someone else here loves that show.

i loved Daria too. I can impersonate Jane, Quinn, and Helen Morgandorfer spot on. :P

anyway, if you watch seasons one through 6 of The X-Files, Scully is an amazingly well writen bi-romantic asexual. of course, when the X-files started to wrap up, Chris Carter gave in to all the fans who didn't get it (or didn't WANT to get it), and figured Mulder and Scully should take their friendship to the next level... blahhh. anyone with a bit of intelligence could see how completely out of character Scully became. even a lot of the Shippers were dissapointed with the way it was handled.

How was Scully bi-romantic?

It's been years since I saw the show; maybe I just don't remember.

I'm kind of glad I stopped watching so regularly before they got into the 'shippy' later episodes, but from what I've seen of them Scully is no where near as awesome as she once was. :(

I noticed that she was not exactly the 'romantic' type. But she did seem to like Trent and Tom . . .

No one can probably know for sure, but she seemed asexual to me.

Well. she did eventually break up with Tom, if that makes you feel any better XD

AS for me, well the first person to come to mind is Haruhi Fujioka, I think.. She's awesome!

I just really hope that the author keeps her that way..

Hikaru:*Licks crumbs off her cheek*

Kaoru: *puts a cookie in her mouth and takes a bite*

Haruhi: You guys, I would have taken the crumbs off if you asked me, and if you wanted a cookie just take one from here!

Tamaki: Haruhi! You should be rejected them! Not just shrugging them off!

Haruhi: Please stop your sexual harassment Tamaki

Tamaki: *rejected*

How was Scully bi-romantic?

It's been years since I saw the show; maybe I just don't remember.

it's just the vibe i got off her. she seemed to have an interest in Mulder, but other than him, the characters that really piqued her interest were mostly mysterious women introduced for an episode or two. in fact, backintheday there were a lot of fans who posted on the official board who thought she might be a lesbian (of course this was always countered by some teeny Shipper yelling "UR STUPID! SKULLY LUVZ MLUUDER!"... meanwhile I'd be smugly sitting back thinking "have either of you groups ever noticed that she never seems to show interest in sex with either? Do you even know that asexuality exists?"

anyway, it's been years for me too, but lately i've been feeling like revisiting what was the only television show (other than Pee-Wee's Playhouse as a wee child, and the news) that I've ever watched regularly, so if I get a chance to do so, I will come up with some more specific examples for ya.

• 1 month later...

*reviving this thread*

Anyone else see Babylon 5? I'd say Marcus Cole could be argued as an asexual.

Hallucigenia

Marcus!! :D

*starts singing "I am the very model of a modern major-general"*

He definitely experienced romantic attraction, but I don't remember the show in enough detail to say if he was sexual or not.

Marcus!! :D

*starts singing "I am the very model of a modern major-general"*

He definitely experienced romantic attraction, but I don't remember the show in enough detail to say if he was sexual or not.

Well, he specifically tells Ivanova that he's a virgin, and he remains that way throughout the series. I think he also compares himself to Sir Galahad (the pure) at some point. He does seem to have the chivalry thing down, courtly love included.

For that matter, Lennier's pretty similar. He even says that his love for Delenn is "not romantic love as you would understand it, something nobler."

Troy McClure from The Simpsons

Well hey, if you want to go with Simpsons characters, what about Patty? She may be homoromantic, but she certainly doesn't seem to ever show sexual interest in anyone.

Hallucigenia
Well, he specifically tells Ivanova that he's a virgin, and he remains that way throughout the series. I think he also compares himself to Sir Galahad (the pure) at some point. He does seem to have the chivalry thing down, courtly love included.

For that matter, Lennier's pretty similar. He even says that his love for Delenn is "not romantic love as you would understand it, something nobler."

Yay Lennier! I remember that part. Lennier and Marcus are both awesome.

I don't remember the part about Marcus being a virgin, but as I said, my memory's really terrible. So he could be asexual. Or (because of the whole chivalry thing) do you think he might be waiting for marriage? Either way, very cool.

<-----Ed the hyena from Disney's The Lion King never shows interest in the movie or the tv series Timon & Pumbaa. It's been rumored that Shenzi and Banzai have feeling for each other, but never Ed.

Hallucigenia

Yeah, but Ed doesn't do anything except laugh hysterically. :? (At least in the movie. I wasn't so much into the Timon & Pumbaa show.)

Yeah, but Ed doesn't do anything except laugh hysterically. :? (At least in the movie. I wasn't so much into the Timon & Pumbaa show.)

Ed gets into a fight with Banzai and nods his head when Mufasa asks the hyenas if they knew Simba was his son. He also plays the xzylophone in the movie and in a TLK video game. As for T&P, I'll have to rewatch those episodes again. :D

I don't remember the part about Marcus being a virgin, but as I said, my memory's really terrible. So he could be asexual. Or (because of the whole chivalry thing) do you think he might be waiting for marriage? Either way, very cool.

I'm certain that Marcus tells her he's a virgin; I just can't remember when he does... possibly in the episode "Ceremonies of Light and Dark."

Oh man, while I was searching, look what I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD8mZkEcKTA

Well, that's one way to get out of having sex! :lol:

Hallucigenia
Ed gets into a fight with Banzai and nods his head when Mufasa asks the hyenas if they knew Simba was his son. He also plays the xzylophone in the movie and in a TLK video game. As for T&P, I'll have to rewatch those episodes again. :D

Oh, yes. I forgot. *thumbs up to Ed*

I'm certain that Marcus tells her he's a virgin; I just can't remember when he does... possibly in the episode "Ceremonies of Light and Dark."

I believe you. For one thing, it's in the Wikipedia article on Marcus. :P

Oh man, while I was searching, look what I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD8mZkEcKTA

Well, that's one way to get out of having sex! Laughing

I remember that scene! :lol: Ivanova's great.

*is not entirely convinced that animated hyenas really count towards asexual visibility*

I just saw Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" and holy cow, Rosaline (Romeo's infatuation at the beginning) is asexual! ;)

ROMEO

she'll not be hit

With Cupid's arrow; she hath Dian's wit;

And, in strong proof of chastity well arm'd,

From love's weak childish bow she lives unharm'd.

She will not stay the siege of loving terms,

Nor bide the encounter of assailing eyes,

Nor ope her lap to saint-seducing gold:

O, she is rich in beauty, only poor,

That when she dies with beauty dies her store.

BENVOLIO

Then she hath sworn that she will still live chaste?

ROMEO

She hath, and in that sparing makes huge waste,

For beauty starved with her severity

Cuts beauty off from all posterity.

She is too fair, too wise, wisely too fair,

To merit bliss by making me despair:

She hath forsworn to love, and in that vow

Do I live dead that live to tell it now.

funaladanaly
Are you sure? They seemed pretty convinced...

It is a joke. For one, look at the advertising: Who would Jesus bomb? Also, their store mocks Intelligent Design ( http://www.cafepress.com/landoverbaptist )

Last, read Pastor Clunas's biography, its a joke :P

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/thestaff/pastors/clunas.html

I first saw this webpage in college, and will confess fell for it until I went to cross reference it from another website and realized its a really well played hoax.

Archived