I Just Got Outed To My Parents

Pidge_Holt

About a year ago, I wrote a letter coming-out to my parents as asexual and grey-romantic covering what it was, the statistics, how my religion is cool with it (we're Christians), and other things. I put this into a journal in my backpack, never intending for it to see the light of day. It was more of a venting for my frustrations.

I have never wanted to come-out to my parents at all because I don't believe it's any of their concern, but last night my parents and sister were searching through my backpack to clean it out, as I was sleeping. I had not known they did this until my mom said this morning, "Is there anything you want to tell me or Dad?" and instantly I knew what she was talking about. A few minuets ago, my mom said, "So, you don't remember writing anything? About not caring what we think?" and I lied to her, pretending I didn't know what letter she was talking about.

Earlier, I looked on her desk, she had my journals from my backpack and the notes. I went into the bathroom, ripped them, flushed half in the toilet and put the rest of the pieces into an empty laundry detergent container with unhygienic items inside of it. So, there couldn't be any evidence they existed. 

I'm scared. i don't know how my parents feel, and I know that my mom and I had a tense relationship before, but now every moment I'm around her makes me scared that she'll say something about it and that everything is worse. I didn't want this to happen.

Should I just play it off like I don't know anything? I don't want them to know about my feelings.

I'm so sorry that happened to you *big hug*

10 minutes ago, Elise Jennings said:

I'm so sorry that happened to you *big hug*

Thank you ❤️ *hugs*

That stinks they went through your journals and stuff in your backpack without your permission :( 

• 3 weeks later...
AceQueen.dj

Aaaaw, that really sucks. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I've actual just recently started coming out as Asexual this year as well and had an incident with my mother as well.

I hope everything is ok for you x-x I am also asexual grey romantic so it can be really difficult when your parents basically think that's fake

If they bring it up again, you could say, "Oh, that... that was just a science fiction story I was writing for English class.  That's all that was."  Try it.  It might work.  Good luck.

Archived