Let's like an Ace awareness comment on YouTube

CharCharChar

CharCharChar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMiM_doxFmg

This video misunderstands asexuality (and other things). 

One user took the time to explain asexuality in the comments and was mocked. 

Please go like the "Legend's Warble" comment so that it moves up and more people might see it and question this youtuber's inaccurate depiction of asexuality. Even if no minds are changed, we can at least show Legend's Warble we're here. 

Trigger Warning for the YouTube Comments

There are many comments you may scroll past that could be upsetting if you don't like being mocked for using labels or being called confused / in need of fixing for questioning your gender. 

everywhere and nowhere

I'm unable to find that comment. :(

NickyTannock
4 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I'm unable to find that comment. :(

It's two thirds down.

You have to scroll far enough for it to load.

Incidentally, I'd already liked it four days ago, and left my own reply to a different comment.

Wouldn't "liking" the comment eventually be taken away by more "downvotes," where the number of "likes" would show up less and less (so, it wouldn't look like there's much support, anymore)?

Commenting would show support that would at least stay up there.

NickyTannock
3 minutes ago, LeChat said:

Wouldn't "liking" the comment eventually be taken away by more "downvotes?"

Commenting would show support that would at least stay up there.

The thumbs down button on YouTube comments was disabled a very long time ago, they just haven't removed the icon for it.

32 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

The thumbs down button on YouTube comments was disabled a very long time ago, they just haven't removed the icon for it.

Ah. Okay. Thanks, for letting me know!

Commenting does far more than upvoting in terms of algorithm manipulation. Does anyone remember the 'just reply with a + to show you agree' initiative? I think the vlogbrothers started that one, to try to stop the most controversial (and often shittiest) comments from always taking the top spot, since controversial comments garner more replies.

Also, heads up, the algorithm interprets disliking video as 'yay engagement, gotta show this video to more people.' Try to avoid disliking and commenting on videos you dislike. They get recommended more often if you do that.

NickyTannock
7 minutes ago, LeChat said:

Ah. Okay. Thanks, for letting me know!

You're welcome!

As a side note... does anyone have any insight about the moron running the show? I had never heard of him. All I see from his Youtube is that he has an unhealthy fixation with other people's personnal life and I would dismiss him entirely if it weren't for him defining himself as a #1 international bestselling author on his youtube page, which picked my interest considering it is blatantly untrue.
When I look him up, I mainly find a list of pretty embarrassing made for TV movies / series and an insulting quote about Greta Thunberg (go figure, I suppose he doesn't believe in climate either 🙄). I'm gonna guess I won't have to dig far to find him making racist comments? 

CharCharChar

I made a video. Great point @Laurann about commenting. 

Done. Good to know we are looking after each other in this community. :) 

Done as well.

Divide By Zero

Do not, under any circumstances, read the comments on YouTube or any other social media site or any news site. You will lose all faith in humanity if you do and likely end up severely depressed.

Archived