Squish Squosh

WaywardHeroine

WaywardHeroine

So, I have a best friend.  A bestest best friend, the kind that I cannot stop annoyingly bringing up stories of when I'm hanging out with new people.  We read each other's minds.

I've been living  abroad for almost a year now, and I haven't been able to see this friend outside of weekly video calls and one brief trip home for the holidays.  I miss her a lot!

I also have a partner.  Someone I met here, and probably the first person I can ever say I've fallen in love with.  The problem is that as much as I love them, I'm still not sure they're the person I want to spend the rest of my life with.  In my mind, I keep going back to my friend, who I never want to be this far from again.  

I can't tell if my feelings towards my bff are genuine, or just my way of dealing with (more accurately "not" dealing with) the stress of work, my current relationship, or uncertainty towards what I want in life.

Anyway, I guess I'm not looking for any particular advice; a lot of these questions should hopefully be answered when, or I guess IF (covid-19 uncertainty), my friend comes to live here in the next couple months.  I just needed to get out these thoughts that have been invading my brain lately.  I wonder if anyone else here has been in a similar situation?  

I can relate the other way around. For context I'm in high school. My best best friend and I feel like that about each other. We call each other whenever we possibly can. We're super close. He is in a relationship but seems to be *way* closer with me than with the other person.

He's talked about struggling with being committed to the other person even though they're not super close anymore. They do love each other though. He feels like both of them are kind of stuck with an old commitment.

I'm just waiting. I'd love for us to be something more than best friends, but I'm not going to push at all. I sense that he does too. Our friendship is like nothing I've experienced before, so I'm quite happy as we are.

Archived