Rant: I'm 46 but apparently not an adult

ggcatlady

So my brother is trying to have a baby with his partner.  Both are in their forties.  I forget how we got onto the topic but my brother basically accused me of not being an adult because I haven't had a baby (I'm female and turned 46 approx. a month ago).  I can't tell you how angry this makes me.  My brother is very immature and I think it is laughable that he thinks having a baby will suddenly turn him into an adult.  I only hope it does.  The worst part is that I think he and his wife will be terrible parents and I feel sorry for any child that is born to them.

End of rant.  

I know others here have experienced similar accusations, such as still being considered a child because they haven't had sex.  This is so maddening!

What I did say to him was along the lines of, "Well your wife seems unable to have a baby so I guess that makes you a paedophile."

4 hours ago, ggcatlady said:

What I did say to him was along the lines of, "Well your wife seems unable to have a baby so I guess that makes you a paedophile."

Sorry, but I had to laugh there. Something tells me that may not have been the best received comment of the evening 

It pretty much left him speechless.

Well I'm 34 and still a virgin so I guess I'm not an adult.   My oldest sister has said things like that to me too.  I've been accused of being immature because I'm not interested in having sex.  She has no idea though that I'm Asexual since I haven't told any of my family.

Archived