Mention of Asexuality in cracked.com's article on SpongeBob's Pride Month tweet

weird elf

I only skimmed through the article, and I've watched very little of the show, but I can confidently say that if Spongebob and Patrick did live together and co-parent, that would almost certainly be a queerplatonic relationship and not a romantic one. 

Phantasmal Fingers

SpongeBob bestrides the 🌍 like a 🗼, taller than the highest 🏔️, deeper than the deepest 🌐

And if anyone dares to disagree, I shall simply errupt like a 🌋

I've always thought of Spongebob as aro/ace. Maybe Patrick as well

Pretty sure we considered him ace before this announcement. Not like Nick will do anything about it, but whatever. 

People are mostly just bitching about him being slapped with a label or else forced representation. I honestly think Spongebob can be genderqueer and LGBT+ and people would bitch less, or asexual and LGBT+ and people would bitch less just because there's more evidence than him being gay. And people assume gay = homosexual (because unless otherwise specified, yeah, that's what it means) but we're talking about a Sponge in a kid's show that never seems interested in anyone that way, so of course they're going to jump to it being forced representation. 

3 hours ago, Real Jazz Hands said:

SpongeBob bestrides the 🌍 like a 🗼, taller than the highest 🏔️, deeper than the deepest 🌐

And if anyone dares to disagree, I shall simply errupt like a 🌋

squidward-krakatoa.gif

abandoned-account

Reminds me of when there was that big drama some years ago over Spongebob and Patrick promoting “gay propaganda” or something like that. Guess times have changed quite a bit, eh?

Duke Memphis
On 6/15/2020 at 3:19 PM, Snao Cone (me) said:

I only skimmed through the article, and I've watched very little of the show, but I can confidently say that if Spongebob and Patrick did live together and co-parent, that would almost certainly be a queerplatonic relationship and not a romantic one. 

The episode "Rock-A-Bye Bivalve" shows SpongeBob and Patrick co-parenting a baby scallop, taking on traditional mother and father roles respectively. There are even characters briefly shown in the episode who question how the dynamic works.

Archived