1. 1.

• New York
    • Chicago
    • St. Louis
    • San Francisco
    • Ontario
    • Edmonton

This poll is closed to new votes

For a while now, I have noticed that a lot of people are from only a few main cities on the America/Canada side of the world. I'm starting to get really suspicious and wonder if there is some sort of connection here.

The cities I've noticed with a large population of people are above:

If you live, or grew up, near or in one of these places, post where!

I meant these more of a "general area" , but I should have put Toronto. I just see a lot of "Ontario" and "Toronto" so I put the larger one.

Edmonton I don't know the name of it's province, nor other towns near it. So i just put edmonton.

Heheheh, I made so it's 16% across the board!

Well, I'm from the SF area. Not SF itself, but about half an hour away, I'd guess. Without traffic. Bloody traffic.

I'm within... uh... 3 hours of Toronto. Been to a Toronto meetup once. It was nice. But I'm not asexual, so I didn't vote.

I'm about an hour to an hour and a half (depending on the traffic) from NYC, but I've never been to a meetup :cry:

smellincoffee

I'm nowhere any of those cities. Montgomery is fairly small for a city, although in my opinion the only thing it lacks is a minigolf place. The one we had closed down.

Yes, I'm serious. I adore mingolf. :P

Er, are only Americans and Canadians supposed to post on this? I mean, I'm not being an uppity Brit or anything - well, maybe slightly, actually - just saying London is quite a big city, kind of thing.

ChildOfTheLight
I'm about an hour to an hour and a half (depending on the traffic) from NYC, but I've never been to a meetup :cry:

Traffic? Ever hear of NJ Transit and the subway? Only suckers and tourists drive in New York. And New Yorkers who are leaving the city.

I was born in a smaller city(Moline,IL), and have lived in the smaller cities or towns all my life. Only time that was not true was the 2 years that I was in Detroit, MI. But I was an adult by then. So I didn't vote.

Hallu- Vote for your sis who isn't on the boards as much lately. And you are close to toronto, so vote.

Same for you Cipher. I said "In or Around" a city. 3 hours is minor travel distance to me, so it counts, haha. (I got back a few weeks ago from a 2200mile, 32hr+ trip...so 3 hours is nothing)

Traffic? Ever hear of NJ Transit and the subway? Only suckers and tourists drive in New York. And New Yorkers who are leaving the city.

Ever heard of my mom, who insists on driving each time and would never allow me to take the NJ Transit by myself? :wink:

I'm starting to wish I lived near those guys, that's for sure!

Cacille, you should add a "Not from one of these" as a choice. If you click view results without voting, it sometimes casts a random vote for you, which would skew your results. Or at least I think this happened during the elections, when people were keeping track of exactly how many votes were being cast and there were anomalies (the Republicans did it!! :lol: )

I'm not from one of them, but I would like to see the results.

Actually, can we also have a "not from the US or Canada", please? Since we're in a different situation to Americans and Canadians who aren't from one of those cities, but we are part of AVEN - trying not to get twitchy about US bias, really I am...

I'm not near any of these cities (SF is the closest at 6 hours). LA was not on the list(that's where I grew up), but now that I'm in the Bay Area I marked SF.

I live about forty five minutes from both San Francisco and Berkeley. It's fun. :lol: And my parents are letting me and my cousins go there to see the Edward Scissorhands Ballet by ourselves. (Well, they'll probably take us there, but we'll be alone in the theater!) :P

I used to live in St. Louis, and there were a decent amount of asexuals there but Chicago? I only know of one other asexual in Chicago (and I dont actually know them, just that they exist.)

I've lived in Chicago, in CA, and, well all over ther US acually lol ^^()

ChildOfTheLight

I was born in NYC and lived there for almost six years. Now I'm going to college in Pittsburgh, which is nowhere near any of these.

• 2 weeks later...

I was born in St Louis, more or less (Webster Groves), but I never really lived there.

I'm closest to Seattle/Olympia/Portland now.

And hey! We had 10 people at our meetup earlier this year! That's one of the largest AVEN meetups ever, if not THE largest!

Representing the Pacific Northwest!!

-GB

*high fives GB*

We've definitely got a lot of folks around the Pacific Northwest.

Funny thing is, that Google Analytics thing DJ set up shows 11 hits from Beaverton, 22 from Seattle, and 10 from Cloverdale, but none from Portland, Salem, Vancouver or Olympia :? I wonder how it works.

Archived