aro/ace problems

Guest ...AlexIsntdead...???

Guest ...AlexIsntdead...???

i really like this girl, and shes been my best friend since preschool. I dont know if its a squish or a crush, but ive always kinda felt pulled towards her. and I know she has some sort of crush on me, at least i think so. we literally call each other moony and padfoot. and if she doesnt feel the same I dont wanna make her feel bad for me.  and if she does have a crush on me, I dont want her to think Ive been leading her on with my small signs I like her, because it could just be a squish. and Im scared of both of those because shes the only person Ive ever actually liked, and if someday all this dissapears or I break and stop feeling this, I might never be lovable or be able to love again. maybe thats just the anxiety talking.

Maybe ......... She is just your friend. Y'know. 😝  

I think people and esp. Young people nowadays because of political stances on sex and whatnot feel pressured to quickly jump to conclusions in regards to their attraction, relationships and preferences. However, I firmly believe that it's wiser to experience things first and label later if at all. Maybe she really just wants to be affectuous for no particular reason with you. No ulterior motives. It's a possibility. Would you be let down? If so well that might be a crush or something like that. Or maybe not. Who knows? 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe just deeply think it over again, what do you desire to do? Do you just feel like you want to be close to her and cuddle or something? How does it make you feel imagining to kiss her, etc.? Just try and figure out your feelings for her more specifically, then maybe, if you feel the need to, talk to her about it. And see how she feels about it. I know it's way harder than it sounds. Of course in the end you could as well just go with what you feel and have now and enjoy it and don't worry too much about anything.

And please don't start pressuring yourself to want any of this at all. I myself never experience any kind of attraction and I don't feel alone either. I have great friends who understand me deeply and I started to build QPR's with my male friends. I feel fulfilled and stopped trying to "feel" anyhting for anyone, as it's just not who I am and won't make me happier than I already am anyway. There's so much more in life than romance and partnership, you'll see. And you'll be happy no matter what happens. ❤️ 

I have a new friend who is aro ace and he tells me all the time how people don't accept one who has no desires and will ever have them xD I can somewhat relate as a grey romantic because I generally have people trying to hope up in my so called "romantic life" that is basically non existent xD

ChickenMayo

maybe you can talk to her about it as a small step to figure out how she feel about you, whether she likes you as a friend or crush

Archived