Ace Flags

Shanjace

So I really want an ace flag to show my pride but if I did I wouldn't have any real uses for it. I can't hang it up cause I don't want my dad to know and I'm not going to pride any time soon, so it will probably just stay in the closet (like me bahahaha). Not to mention that I dont have a way for paying for it online without getting someone else to do it for me and even if I did it would come in the post and he would want to know what I ordered. Worst case scenario is I pay a friend (who knows) in cash for them to order it to their house then I pick it up, but I don't want to go through all those shenanigans and again, there is no purpose in owning a flag that I can't show proudly. I just really want one šŸ˜¢

Ā 

Can anyone else relate, or have any advice? Like how worth is owning a flag?Ā 

I own an ace flag! But it's only a very small one - about 10 cm by 14 cm. The great thing about it is that I didn't order it online, I saw it whilst browsing in a shop whilst on vacation in San Francisco. It was in the famous Castro district which is strongly associated with gay pride. I thought it was so wonderful that a shop had ace flags for sale that I absolutely had to buy one. I also have an ace flag fridge magnet from the same shop. I think the fact that they are small is actually quite good, because I can leave them effectively on full display but they are more discreet and not in anyone's face.

When I go to FIRST robotics meets, I usually just wear an ace flag pin on my team shirt. My team really has no problem with it, and it lets me express who I am. You could also try a ring.

Get a t-shirt with the flag on it and tadaa it has a use. There are some really cool designs. Search 'asexual pride' on redbubble (or local equivalent).

These are also more inconspicuous, because it could just be a t-shirt. Only people who know what the flag looks like will know it's a flag.

Janus the Fox

I own an Ace Flag Pin badge I wear for an occasional social meetup for other interests.

Spoiler

There's a seller on Etsy that makes tie dyed pride shirts. That's how I show my pride, besides a ring.

Ā 

Some cool ideas guys, thanksĀ šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠĀ a pin or a mini flag might be better for the meantime

Theacechemist

I bought a ring maybe two days after realizing I was ace and I just bought a pride flag a week ago. The one I bought is small and I havenā€™t put it up yet, because of corona I was sent home from college and I have tremendous respect for my parents who I am out to but I want to ask their permission before putting out the flag (I donā€™t want to make them uncomfortable). If I were to give any ā€œadviceā€ it would be to do what makes you comfortable and safe. Then do what makes you proud. I grin every time I look at my ring and I kinda chuckle thinking about my flag that no one knows about. I hope this was some what helpfulĀ 

Diana DeLuna
On 6/1/2020 at 2:42 PM, Rosendust said:
Ā  Hide contents

There's a seller on Etsy that makes tie dyed pride shirts. That's how I show my pride, besides a ring.

Ā 

I got a tie-dye shirt from Etsy last week, from a little company called Twisted Pride. It's beautiful,Ā butĀ um...it's literally wearing an Ace flag.

Ā 

I have other Ace shirts I can wear anywhere because the Ace colors are incorporated into the design, and as @LaurannĀ said, only certain people will recognize the meaning. But the tie-dye one makes me feel conspicuous. I need to save it for an actual pride event, if I ever overcome my agoraphobia long enough to attend one.

• 3 months later...

Havenā€™t gotten any ace flag or merch Ā but I did find a picture of my flag, demisexual and heteromantic. I had to crop the picture, so itā€™s hard to tell, but I made it my icon picture.Ā 

I am in the process of setting up an etsy store where I am going to be making pride coasters. As I am ace I have started with ace coasters. They are going to have a fun print on the other side just in case people aren't out yet. When I set up an etsy store I can contact you again.Ā 

Archived