Sesame Street

GingerRose

sesame  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Did you watch Sesame Street when you were a kiddo?

• Yes
    • No

NickyTannock

I've never watched Sesame Street.

Sesame Street is HUGE here in Japan. Not sure if it's a kid's show like in the States, but there's an entire section of Universal Studios Japan for Sesame Street rides and merch and there are grown adults wearing hats and costumes and carrying around keychains or something. Pretty sure it has something to do with cuteness being more accepted and less pushed as being a "kid thing". 

I probably watched a few episodes but I don’t think I watched it on a regular basis. Most of the stuff I watched was on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.

GingerRose
41 minutes ago, Arodash said:

I actually didnt, I mostly watched Barney and Blue's Clues

Blueskadoo we can too!

Sounds like you were a PBS kid, yeah?

Sesame Street and I were born the same year, so I grew up with it and the Muppets. Grover, Bert & Ernie, Cookie Monster and Kermit the Frog are personal favorites. Also, I love Snuffleupagus. Jim Henson went out of his way to protect the Sesame Street characters from Disney when he made the deal to sell the Muppets to them before he died, since those belonged to the Children's Television Workshop (now called the Sesame Workshop).

Grover_SH2018.jpg?auto=compress,format&f220px-Snuffy31.jpg5c367c1557272.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

GingerRose
42 minutes ago, fuzzipueo said:

Sesame Street and I were born the same year, so I grew up with it and the Muppets. Grover, Bert & Ernie, Cookie Monster and Kermit the Frog are personal favorites. Also, I love Snuffleupagus. Jim Henson went out of his way to protect the Sesame Street characters from Disney when he made the deal to sell the Muppets to them before he died, since those belonged to the Children's Television Workshop (now called the Sesame Workshop).

Grover_SH2018.jpg?auto=compress,format&f220px-Snuffy31.jpg5c367c1557272.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

Ah I wanted to go to that exhibit but was unable to make it.! Yah I love how it's not Disney. Sesame street was my childhood.

Luftschlosseule

I vividly remember Samson and Fine speculating if it was the cucumber who turned the light in the fridge on as they opened it.

Skycaptain

Never seen it. This has nothing to do with my opinion of the programme, but simply because when I was the target audience age I was doing something else at the time it was screened

J. van Deijck

Briefly. Can't say I was a big fan or something :P

Definitely yes. That and Mr. Rogers. PBS was really awesome.

SpaceDustbin
21 hours ago, KYON. said:

Also, The Count.

(sorry... but not really 😛 ) 

GingerRose
On 5/31/2020 at 11:53 PM, Luftschlosseule said:

I vividly remember Samson and Fine speculating if it was the cucumber who turned the light in the fridge on as they opened it.

😄 

GingerRose
On 6/3/2020 at 3:11 PM, Zagadka said:

Definitely yes. That and Mr. Rogers. PBS was really awesome.

Yes! Mr. Rogers was my childhood too and Between the Lions...

Skittles87

I loved Sesame Street. The Count was my favourite character and is still my favourite vampire. :) 

I did watch it. I recently got the US Forever stamps that have the Sesame Street characters. 

Never watched it! It didn't really air in Italy, and if it did I don't know where because I don't know anyone who grew up watching them. Things might have changed now though, I know the Muppet's movie did fairly well here so maybe the new generation might answer differently

Grumpy Alien

Not a lot, but yes.

ChickenMayo

i used to watch sesame street as a kid and i remember back then that i ask my mom to buy me a talking elmo plushie lol

Archived