GreyAce Spectrum, Demi, and/or Anxiety?

Amyranthe

Hi, I’m in a weird place of beginning to more deeply dissect and understand my identity and there are so many new identities that have been established and named that I don’t know where to begin. 

So, I’m 25, and since I was like 17 I’ve identified as pansexual. A little while (like a few months) ago I kind of reassessed and decided that demisexual panromantic fit me better, but learning more about Demisexuality I’m not quite sure.

As kind of a cliffnotes version, I’m not 100% sure if I have instant sexual attraction or not. I have severe intimacy anxiety when it comes to relationships and that severely impacts my levels of attraction to people, but I can’t figure out if I am just too anxious to act on attraction or if I am really Demi, and I’m not sure how to figure that out. Like, I feel like I instantly develop non-gender biased aesthetic attraction for people, and then sexual attraction can bloom from that, but I’m just not sure. And I don’t fantasize about people, I have scenarios that are very specific in my head, but usually when there is another person it is a generically blurred indeterminate face.  I discovered the term Aceflux tonight and that seems to kind of fit, maybe I fluidly fluctuate between pansexual and demisexual? Idk if there’s a specific identity for anything like this, any help would be appreciated. 

Skycaptain

@Amyranthe, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂

Grey/demi seems a reasonable hypothesis from what you say. People can be both pansexual and demisexual, as they refer to different areas of sexuality. Pan- refers to the people whom folk are attracted to, and demi- refers to the circumstances in which attraction is experienced 

God I think I can relate because I also have issues with physical contact due to social anxiety and I've been having problems with my partner that I've been dating since a few months now. Whenever they want to kiss me I feel very uncomfortable, I panic and when I think back to the times when we have kissed it makes me cringe.

I'm still not even sure if it's the anxiety or me having an aversion to anything beyond hugs.

Sorry i'm not really adding anything helpful am I haha, I hope that having someone understand you still makes you feel a little better!

Archived