Asexuality and young HA survivors

Vicky Angel

I am 27, and had a heart attack in March of 2020.  Before the HA I was asexual, but since the HA I feel more demisexual.  

I was diagnosed with SCAD.  

Is this normal after a HA?

nutterwithasolderingiron

i think most big life changes/events can be enough to make someone question things such as sexuality. 

sorry to hear about your heart attack and hope you get better. both mentally and physically. 

• Like 1
Janus the Fox

Surviving something life or death and a spell of acute pain could cause a person to think real differently often in terms of any life area, some don’t as I’ve seen.

I’ve heard from more distant family and my boyfriend survived a heart attack aged just 30.  That prompted him to make a serious proactive choice getting a gastric sleeve and lose 15 stone of weight.  They never thought so much about relationships before that point but that was the defining switch to at least attempt to enjoy some sexuality, even if it is limited to fetishes.  That event, scared everyone as the family has long histories of heart attack death.

Though opposite is true in my own family, having an aunt, suffering from blood clots, heart attacks, strokes, COPD and lung cancer because of heavy smoking... Still smokes like 30 a day and vapes at 65.  Some just never learn to change despite the countless scares, treatments, surgeries.  Though my aunt has a habit of sensationalising half truths, most in family don’t believe it.