hello! Is this asexuality?

jadenOH

Hello there!

I came looking for an asexual community because I think I need help figuring myself out a little..

I started a romantic relationship with someone whom I love very much not too long ago.

We got touchy fairly quickly or I should say they're the one who got very touchy and every time it's not like I was opposed to it but it's more like I was in the moment and was curious to know what it'd be like. The more time goes on, the more we'd do things like say make out. Each time in the moment it wouldn't feel particularly wrong though before we'd start I'd feel a tiny tinge of discomfort. It's only after I come back home that I start feeling a sort of cringe. I look back and I'd feel bad and a little disgusted and it's been like that until finally I told them that I needed a break on kissing. I though at first that it was because it's my first time having a person do those kind of things with me and that it was my social anxiety that was making me uncomfortable. But I still have this discomfort and undesire to this day and if anything it's getting a lot worst..

I should say I do masterbate and do enjoy it on my own time but when I imagine myself in a situation where I'm with another person doing the slightest sexual thing I get repulsed and I can't even fathom the idea of having sex with my partner. 

I'd love to know what you guys think, any input would help

thanks for reading!

Welcome! Well everyone has their own comfort elsewhere so knowing you’re own is important. Asexuals are capable of experiencing libido, although it’s generally untargeted libido, meaning that there’s no sexual attraction to a specific person so there’s no one you uh think about in the moment so to speak. 

birthday_cake_for_friends_wallpaper-othe

20 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! Well everyone has their own comfort elsewhere so knowing you’re own is important. Asexuals are capable of experiencing libido, although it’s generally untargeted libido, meaning that there’s no sexual attraction to a specific person so there’s no one you uh think about in the moment so to speak. 

birthday_cake_for_friends_wallpaper-othe

that's one scrumptious looking boy..

Thanks for answering! I guess I didn't really know that, it definitely helps : )

NickyTannock

@jadenOH Welcome to AVEN!

You could be Asexual, though I can't tell you with certainty whether you are.
Asexuality is a lack of Sexual Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have sex with someone, but this is different from arousal, which doesn't always lead to desiring sex.
Meaning an Asexual could have a libido, but won't feel the pull to have sex with someone else.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's an "Egyptian Ritual" cake (all edible),

https://cakesdecor.com/cakes/296099-egyptian-ritual-egypt-land-of-mystery-collab

kpew6o46qlozmqlxdwbr.jpg

Archived