Favorite Mythical Story?

Crazycrazycultist

Crazycrazycultist

I've still been learning about various mythologies. And, of course, the best way to learn about a mythology is through the stories that were told.

However, as it is pretty well known, alot of the mythologies told by the past are...bizarre to say the least.

Alot of my favorites happen to be creation myths. Such as the one told in The Theogony. Because of how it explains the birth of the Goddes of Sex, Aphrodite. Where she's born from the sea foam that happened because the titan Kronos overthrew the primordial titan Uranos by basically...castrating him! To be fair, this is supposed to explain why she emerges from the sea foam as an adult. Since she represents adult love. But, I guess it would be hard to explain something like that. So, I can't blame that.

The Norse creation myth is cool as well. The story that has a chasm called The Ginnungagap. So, that makes it extremely cool! There's a giant named Ymir. And, it's so hot in this chasm that Humans fall out of his armpits.

There's a hole lot more that I can mention. So, I'll just include my favorite one. The one where Odin's just kinda hanging around on Asgard and decides the he wants a wall built around Asgard. However, he can't be fucked to do it himself. So, he employs the help of some frost giants. If they can build the wall within nine months, he'll give them the Goddess of fertility, Freya, as his wife. The giants oblige. And, the wall is built. However, Odin doesn't like this. Because, he's a bastard, I guess. So, he employs the help of his son, Loki to stop the frost giants from building the wall. Now, Loki has the most ingenious plan ever! What is that plan, you ask? Of course, he transforms into a Horse and...does very adult things with the Horse. Odin finds out the frost giants can't build the wall. And, just before the frost giants can attack Asgard, Thor shows up and basically commits frost giant genocide. Also, Loki gives birth to an Horse with eight legs. Which Odin likes. THE END!

There's so many others I can mention. The battle of Zeus and Typhon. Any story involving Dionysius. The Rainbow Crow. Ragnorok. And, the myth of Eros and Psyche. Just to name a few!

So, what are your favorite mythological stories? I'd love to hear them!

Scottthespy

My personal favorite, and a story I've acted as a play multiple times (once entirely on my own for an English class project), is Persephone and the Pomegranate. Its the origin of winter (I also love origin stories), and there's so many nuances to it. Hades is my favorite of the Greek gods. 

MakeupJunkie4

I don't know much about mythology, but literally everything I've read about it is so crazy I usually burst out laughing. Entertaining to say the least. LOL

Crazycrazycultist
22 hours ago, Scottthespy said:

My personal favorite, and a story I've acted as a play multiple times (once entirely on my own for an English class project), is Persephone and the Pomegranate. Its the origin of winter (I also love origin stories), and there's so many nuances to it. Hades is my favorite of the Greek gods. 

I love that story!

Crazycrazycultist
20 hours ago, MakeupJunkie444 said:

I don't know much about mythology, but literally everything I've read about it is so crazy I usually burst out laughing. Entertaining to say the least. LOL

Yeah! They can be really funny!

Scottthespy
3 hours ago, Crazycrazycultist said:

I love that story!

I sympathize with Hades. Poor guy's just trying to look after the souls of the dead, and people keep harassing him and insulting him...give the guy a break. He cant even snuggle his pupper, cuz its busy working.

Crazycrazycultist
20 hours ago, Scottthespy said:

I sympathize with Hades. Poor guy's just trying to look after the souls of the dead, and people keep harassing him and insulting him...give the guy a break. He cant even snuggle his pupper, cuz its busy working.

Not to mention, there's evidence to suggest that the word Cerberus means spotted. So, that means Hades literally named his Dog...Spot! I mean, what's not to love about Hades?!

Crazycrazycultist
10 hours ago, Arodash said:

I would boop all 3 noses of that pupper.... lol

I wish I had enough hands to pet Cerberus! He's such a good boy!

Crazycrazycultist
On 5/31/2020 at 8:31 PM, Arodash said:

The bestest boy! 

YEAH! DAMN RIGHT!

Crazycrazycultist
Just now, Arodash said:

I will also boop Bastet's nose, she'll be okay with it im a crazy cat lady

He looks so cool! I'd love to do that!

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 10:01 AM, Crazycrazycultist said:

The one where Odin's just kinda hanging around on Asgard and decides the he wants a wall built around Asgard. However, he can't be fucked to do it himself. So, he employs the help of some frost giants. If they can build the wall within nine months, he'll give them the Goddess of fertility, Freya, as his wife. The giants oblige. And, the wall is built. However, Odin doesn't like this. Because, he's a bastard, I guess. So, he employs the help of his son, Loki to stop the frost giants from building the wall. Now, Loki has the most ingenious plan ever! What is that plan, you ask? Of course, he transforms into a Horse and...does very adult things with the Horse. Odin finds out the frost giants can't build the wall. And, just before the frost giants can attack Asgard, Thor shows up and basically commits frost giant genocide. Also, Loki gives birth to an Horse with eight legs. Which Odin likes. THE END!

I LOVE that story! I think I mentioned it on the fav deities thread. But it expresses why I love Loki so much even if he is a dick at times. (Or a lot of the time).

I have a few different stories I like. I'm fond of The "Rape" of Persephone when I twist it to be a romance rather than a sexist and entitled display of patriarchy and insider trading. 

I like the story about Apollo's and Artemis's birth since Hera was being a bitch as usual and made it hell for their mother to actually give birth to the twins. 

I also like the Egyptian myth about how Osiris became the god of the dead. 

Well, looks like I'm going to binge OSP's myth videos again. Red posts so many amazing ones. 

Archived