Just found a K-pop AroAce representation

Rontz

If you happen to be a K-pop fan like me - and even if you aren’t - there are good news for you.

Hansol / Min Sung, formerly known as a K-pop star from the band Topp Dog (now called Xeno-T), came out as Asexual and Aromantic to his fans in a livestream on Instagram in August of 2017.

The link to the article that I took this fact from can be found here. More details about his coming out can be found in this video.

He also suffers from social anxiety and deals with mental health issues such as self-harm, which he’s open about with his fans, so it makes him even more admirable to me.

Alejandrogynous

I don't follow Minsung very closely (though I do love his choreo videos) so I don't know what exactly where or when he said it, but I'm pretty sure he's since changed his mind slightly and "doesn't identify as anything," or something akin to that. It's still cool that he came out how he did and I think he's awesome regardless, but I don't feel right calling him asexual or aro since I'm pretty sure he doesn't ID that way anymore. It was a nice little visibility splash when it happened though.

12 hours ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

They stated a while ago that they dentify as queer, there were a lot of articles at the time he came out, but it was a video i think where he stated he identify's as queer.

But what kind of queer?

Is there a new definition he started to identify himself by other than AroAce?

Just now, OptimisticPessimist said:

They stated they didn’t identify as ace but as queer. They didn’t really explain further I think. 

Is there an article or something to back it up? When is this update from?

Archived