Lived experiences of asexuality

henshin

A researcher at Monash University is conducting a survey about the lived experience of asexuality.

Some participants may be asked to take part in interviews over Zoom.

Please read the researcher's explanatory statement ahead of completion: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l3LuOZvPTM7TY_Mtvb0nXBlFmF-I48Bxfta3I7gy-i4/edit?usp=sharing

Take the survey: https://monash.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2oiks0mggyYDdCR

This request has been approved by the Research Approval Board

Skycaptain

Survey completed. They are not accepting more volunteers for further research 

everywhere and nowhere

A lot of questions don't capture untypical experiences. What about someone who works at home and therefore has no colleagues at work? What about someone who neglects their health (which may be wrong, but can never be prohibited!), or has a doctor in the family, and therefore is not in regular contact with any outside medical professional?

13 hours ago, MaybeImANinja said:

would have liked to do that. I wish they formulated a better survey though. it was either not proof read or the writers were morons.

Critique the research, not the researcher please. 

I would also be interested to hear what you didn't like. The researcher sent a copy of the questions over email and I couldn't see any obvious typos or text errors.

Diana DeLuna

So if they're no longer taking interview victims (fine by me), are they still reading and recording our responses? Because otherwise, I just spent 25 minutes ranting into the void. 

On 6/2/2020 at 12:03 AM, MaybeImANinja said:

i hate to bust your reality bubble. But critiquing the questions is to critique the writer.   Any researcher worth their salt would rather be called stupid for saying stupid things rather than have everything lovey dovey all the time

What I'm saying is there is no need to insult someone by calling them names like you're in the playground.

On 6/2/2020 at 4:12 AM, Diana DeLuna said:

So if they're no longer taking interview victims (fine by me), are they still reading and recording our responses? Because otherwise, I just spent 25 minutes ranting into the void. 

Yes absolutely, survey data and interview data work together to support each other.

Yeah there's no need for this getting out of hand. Locking

Una Salus Victus

Announcements mod.

Archived