What is your Silver Lining during COVID-19?

I've always been a little afraid in the back of my mind of being that lonely old man trope: no spouse/partner, home alone all day, etc. My main consistent in-person social outlet is the office, and that's been closed for 6 months with no signs of reopening. So, for the last 6 months, I've been home alone all day. I actually like it a lot. I miss seeing my coworkers and friends in person, I miss going out to shows, but I do fine home alone all day for months on end. It's empowering to prove that to myself.

I have a really good reason to avoid people now, and people just leaving packages/food orders at the door instead of having to talk to them is great. Also, people crossing the street to avoid each other when out walking. Basically, I am enjoying mostly not having to deal with people...

Other than that, since everyone has been home almost all the time, our cats are very happy. So that's nice.

I have a lot of doubt about who I am as a person, but having so much free time led to me figuring out with above-average certainty that I am aromantic and asexual (spectrum for both, I don't have that great of self-awareness)

Archived