"Asexuality takes centre-stage in ‘It’s Not You, It’s Not Me.’ – and it’s about time"; YVR Screen Scene article

Heart

"Asexuality takes centre-stage in ‘It’s Not You, It’s Not Me.’ – and it’s about time"; YVR Screen Scene article by Sabrina Furminger

https://www.yvrscreenscene.com/home/2020/5/25/asexuality-takes-centre-stage-in-its-not-you-its-not-me-and-its-about-time?fbclid=IwAR0L3KsijO9n1dJc-a_4Udp2jY9orrRLk3Jm5WpCZQNivB7iAMvFbR6-Lzg

May 25th 2020

As some of you may remember, a local fimmaker here in Vancouver (whose airport code is YVR, thus the news outlet's name) made an amazing short film about a mixed relationship between an asexual-spectrum man and a sexual woman. This news outlet interviewed the actors, filmmaker, director, and me about it, and came up with a really good article!

Links to the film and post-film bonus content are in the article too, in case folks want to catch up on that. I highly recommend it, it's really well done :D 

BlakeTheNightowl~

amazing I think I went to school with him ~!! 

ace bookdragon

Thank you for the article, I will be watching the film ASAP.

EDIT: It's actually not too bad! The ending is kinda weird though. If it were a book I'd give it 4 stars.

everywhere and nowhere

I just can't agree with calling this film "awesome".

BlakeTheNightowl~

the ending yeah^^

BlakeTheNightowl~

the ending wtf though !

It's not meant to be a happily ever after kid of story, unfortunately. Just realistic to the experience the film-maker is trying to portray.

AceMissBehaving

As someone who has lived that ending more than I’d like to admit, it might be heartbreaking, but it’s also accurate.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:20 PM, AceMissBehaving said:

As someone who has lived that ending more than I’d like to admit, it might be heartbreaking, but it’s also accurate.

*many hugs

Happy endings definitely have a place in the world, but I think we do a disservice if we pretend that every ending is a happy one.

Archived