Me and Ace!

Hi,

I am Navya L, 23 yrs old student from India. I ended up in this page after listening to Ted talk by Danika Vrtar. I still don't know if me writing this is legal. But I need help!

Few months before I came to know that there was a name to my feeling and Am not the only one who feels like this. Being part of a middle class family surrounded by a typical Indian society, it was first hard even for me to digest what Ace was. I read so many articles, online definitions, filled online quizzes to know whether I was really Ace or just making my mind like that. I had so many questions don't know whom to contact or ask. Whomever I told about Ace, they would just laugh and say its nothing, you are just over thinking. I wanted some one to talk and share what I feel, what I am. I wanted to be part of the community.

So finally here I am searching for a tiny light of hope and help to make mine and many other peoples lives little better. 

(P S: My parents don't know and I haven't came-out even to my friends.)  

Thanking you

Yours truly

Navya L

Ace :)

Edited by Navya L
  • Like 6
Kindness_Is_Beautiful

Welcome Navya!

I am relatively new here as well, been on here about a week and what I can tell you, newbie to newbie is that you will definitely find "your people" here and you will find lots of information about asexuality in general.  I hope you find what you are looking for :).  The environment here is very positive and welcoming, perfect for sharing your story.  Always know that your thoughts are valid, you should never feel as if they are not.

It's tradition that we welcome you with cake so..... 🧁🍰🎂 :) 

Always feel free to reach out :).

• Like 1
JustSomeAce

Welcome at the forum! 💜

Have some cake (it's an ancient tradition on this forum) 🍰

• Like 1
Just a Quail

Hello, welcome to AVEN! This is a great place to connect with other people and to learn more about Asexuality. If you want to ask any questions, or look at posts made by other users who have questions, you can start in the "Questions About Asexuality" forum: https://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/5-questions-about-asexuality/

Hope this helps! :)

image_2054abf2-e13f-44b7-bdc2-ba738d2686

• Like 1
Deedee amelie

Hi navya! Another Indian here..I get exactly what you are going through...I myself came out to my friends few days ago..

Hello and welcome to AVEN! 😊  

I'm not 100% sure if it's legal where you are either but I believe it is. 

Well I know close to nothing about India but I learnt through @iloveanimals a bit recently. It sounds interesting! 

I'm no conversationalist lol but anything, feel free 2 ask :)