I finally got what I wanted but then life decided to be a jerk.

Xstatic

Oh man, remember when I told you all my boyfriend and I were going to be moving in together?  Well it finally happened!  And let me tell you what, moving during a pandemic is hard.  Really hard.  But I had no choice as my lease was up and wasn't being renewed.  

Almost everything was done online.  We never saw a realtor.  Just a lockbox with a keypad on all of the doors to the places we wanted to look at.  And we found a place, and it's really nice!  The actual moving process has been extremely tedious.  Social distancing means you can't just get a truck and a bunch of buddies to help.  It has been three weeks of back and forth between the house, my old place and his old place.  That on top of full work weeks for both of us.  It has been absolutely exhausting.  But worth it!  We're so close!!  And the endgame is living together and I've been waiting for months!

Last week I took a couple of days off of work, hired a moving company and got all of my large furniture moved.  The movers were attempting to wear masks, but the masks would fall down a lot.  There wasn't really anything I could do about it.  He and I have been taking so many precautions.  Lots of hand washing, hand sanitizer, social distancing, etc.  We haven't even ordered carryout.  At work we wear n100 respirators and we're not open to the public.  No contact curbside pick up only.

I'm guessing you know where this story is going.  😑 We've been living together since Wednesday.  We had three wonderful days together.  Then the fever hit.  The house has two levels.  The main floor and the basement.  The basement has a bedroom, bathroom, office and living room area.  He's now in quarantine down there.  I bring him food and leave it by the door.  His fever hasn't broke.  He's developing a cough.  This week I have to go in and run the business...HIS business without him.  I've taken over before for a day or two but this is some next level shit.  That and neither of us are fully moved out of our old places.  I have until the end of next weekend to have both places empty and spotless.  I have to run a very demanding business, and on top of that, I'm so worried about him that I feel physically ill.

I'm going to need some good juju this week everyone.    I'm so worried and my heart hurts for him.  

MakeupJunkie4

I'm so sorry...that has to be majorly stressful AND scary! :( Did he get tested? Just curious. I really hope things improve for you guys. Prayers!

No.  Unfortunately testing is hard to get.  He has a lot of preliminary symptoms, but nothing that they deem worthy of testing.  He's supposed to stay in quarantine unless things get 'bad'.  If he starts to develop respiratory symptoms, I'm probably going to bash in the front door of a hospital.

ace bookdragon

I'm so sorry about that. I hope everything gets better. Good luck!

His fever broke today.  I'm still telling him to check his temp twice a day.  And I'm doing the same.  We will continue to be in isolation but if he's on the mend, I'm happy.  Hopefully this was just a scare.  We'll continue to isolate from each other as well.

AceMissBehaving

I’m glad to hear he’s on the mend. Sounds like the two of you have had a huge amount to deal with.

anisotrophic

Have you looked into getting a blood oxygen meter? People have reported monitoring that helps notice when things get worse (after looking “better” — it’s scary but this is happening to some people) & they need to go in to the hospital. It can make a critical difference to not delay a day or two if there’s a rapid decline.

PS to add, it’s a symptom you can’t fake or conceal, so it’s also helpful for peace of mind. There’s pulse oximeters for as low as $30 or $40 on Amazon.

3 hours ago, anisotrophic said:

Have you looked into getting a blood oxygen meter? People have reported monitoring that helps notice when things get worse (after looking “better” — it’s scary but this is happening to some people) & they need to go in to the hospital. It can make a critical difference to not delay a day or two if there’s a rapid decline.

PS to add, it’s a symptom you can’t fake or conceal, so it’s also helpful for peace of mind. There’s pulse oximeters for as low as $30 or $40 on Amazon.

I've considered getting one, yeah.  I probably should do so.

anisotrophic

@xstatic ☆゚°˖* ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ I’m really sorry about the terrible luck too! Oof. It’s lucky you were there to step in, I’m sure he’s thankful for it.

I’ve been unable to work full capacity (we’re overwhelmed with childcare) and a colleague has been pulling a lot for me & I’m really thankful. Hopefully changes soon, but I know the virus isn’t going away anytime soon. Hope he’ll be ok, fingers crossed for him. (And you now! I think get the meter also because you might need it for yourself, or lend it to someone in coming months...)

And sometimes it really isn’t covid... I guess a lot of folks are going to eventually find out later when testing becomes more available. It’s so frustrating to not know. 😕

I hope he continues to improve and you don’t get sick!  How exhausting and stressful...

Archived