The 2K2_ Shoe Thread

Real Estate RICO

Real Estate RICO

I haven't seen a thread on this anywhere...

Just simply: what does your current shoe rotation look like? Which pairs are you wanting? Going further, what are your "grails"? What are your best shoe-based shitposts? On my end.. I'm running with these Adidas Busenitz Pros, Puma Astro Cups, and some Turin IIs for good measure. I've got a pair of New Balance 490s, but they've seen better days (and I desperately need to clean them).

Real Estate RICO
Just now, Arodash said:

Do boots qualify??

Absolutely

Marimbasticks

I have crazy small feet (US Women's 5, barely) so I am picky about shoes. I wear mostly Clarks because they fit me. I have 1 pair of black running shoes that I've been wearing nearly everyday. Now that the weather is warming up I am also pulling out my sandals. I have 3 pairs that are all slightly different levels of dressiness. They are all brown. I tend to wear my shoes until they can't be worn anymore and then begrudgingly get a new pair that is as close to the same as I can find. I pretty much always choose shoes based on comfort.

Grumpy Alien

What does 2k2 mean?

Skycaptain

Not very exciting 

Trainers for work 

Hiking boots for hiking obs, work when it's raining and snowing

Golf shoes for golf

Steel toecap boots when doing heavy work 

Deck shoes on Caribbean cocktail nights 

Black leather shoes under duress for formal occasions 

29 minutes ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

What does 2k2 mean?

I think I've figured it out. Google says "2k2" is short for "2002."

Well, OP wrote "2k2_." I think it's shorthand for "202_," leaving the thread open for others reading the thread and posting in 2020 and beyond (e.g. 2021, 2022, etc.).

https://www.noslang.com/search/2k2

I probably need new, running shoes; I've had the pair for several years, and the insides have kind of worn out.

Converse and Vans during warm weather, combat boots and ugg boots during cold weather. A few formal shoes that I don’t wear too much anymore since at my current job we’re allowed to dress casual. Usually I don’t like high heals but I have a pair of high heeled booties that are actually easy for me to walk in and are pretty cute.

LobsterCat

Doc Martens in the fall/winter

Chacos/Freewaters/flip-flops in the summer/short hikes

Oboz boots/Salomon runners when on long hikes

I work(ed) in footwear, so now I am rebelling against socks, and also trying to go barefoot as much as possible.  I want those calluses!! 

On 5/25/2020 at 5:01 PM, LeChat said:

I think I've figured it out. Google says "2k2" is short for "2002."

I've ran across nomenclature like that in old schematic diagrams. In those cases it refers to a 2.2 Kilohm resistor. The same schematic could bring me close to tearing my hair out at other times, giving only obsolete set manufacturer part numbers instead of telling me what I actually need. If I'm lucky I can read the codes on the actual parts with a bright light and a magnifying glass.

Just some random trivia. ;)

N8ty L3asT

Oh yes I needed this thread!! I’m almost strictly a Vans person but I also like Adidas. 

these are all the shoes I own.

Spoiler

8CFW4Q-HERO?$583x583$

Spoiler

D5IB8C-HERO?$583x583$

Spoiler

DOSOUO-HERO?$583x583$

Spoiler

urban-outfitters-brown-otw-by-vans-breto

Spoiler

-ehGhxzQBp9eX2NBYN_hnVPq1VANfoCXiV4zSBqa

Spoiler

71606Ua8k5L._AC_UY780_.jpg

Spoiler

dd9391aa-8cfb-4180-b629-16282fc75b2d.jpe

Spoiler

93b56f99742f74b1c8917afd3de5c04b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Real Estate RICO
fooledbysecrecy

i have an embarrassingly huge amount of footwear.. a lot of converse in different colours, i find them the most comfortable to wear. also a couple of pairs of vans, and a lot of cheaper versions of both of these. although i've never paid more than around £20 for the originals, i shop second hand a lot. some of them have been brand new off ebay for like 15 quid or something.

got one pair of dr martens and love them, and lots of other similar style boots, also in different colours. just love that type of boots. couple of knee high lace up boots as well and brogues/creeper type of shoes as well, and some block heels, mostly to wear at some gigs to gain some extra height. :lol:

most of this footwear explosion happened when i started to work in fast fashion unfortunately. with staff discounts and sales it's been difficult to resist sometimes. 😬 anyway i have a rule i'm not allowed to spend more than 20 quid on a pair of shoes (or any clothing), my docs were £80 and even that was half paid by my mum as a christmas present.

i was thinking maybe i should count all the pairs of shoes i own but i don't think i wanna know.🙈

anyway gotta have the variety, choice of colour and styles lmao. to match every outfit. i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...do I go for the $36 running shoes on sale, till today? It is a really good discount, but I feel a bit guilty at the thought because my current pair that I've had for at least five/six years still work, even though they're a bit worn.

Archived