Aces loving purple : myth or reality ?

Edels

Aces loving purple : myth or reality ?   

226 members have voted

1. 1. What are your opinions about the color purple ?

• LOVES purple
    • likes purple
    • purple is okay
    • dislikes purple
    • hates purple
    • doesn't know / no particular opinion

This poll is closed to new votes

Let's bring some statistics lol

i know your sexual orientation and your favorite color are most probably not linked but ehh i'm ace, i live for purple, and i know i'm not the only one 😅

so is it a coincidence? am i onto something ? or is it just straight up the dumbest thing you've ever heard ? 

ace bookdragon

I'm ace and gray/black are my favorite colors. I don't think there is any correlation between the two, but it is cool that my favorite colors are on the flag. That may have made me like them more.

Kindness_Is_Beautiful

Love purple, hate grape juice 😂

My favourite colour is grey and I LOATHE when some bastards try to interpret or analyse it. It's fucking aesthetic preference, not some dark secret of my psyche. 

Purple is fine.

nutterwithasolderingiron

purple is my favorite colour. has been for years. weirdly, it took me forever to build a purple guitar for myself but when i did, i made it ace themed

HXgSpAQ.jpg

I used to love blue for the last 15 years (lol) but purple and grey have become my new favorite colors this past year 😄 Don't know if I'm really ace but I just love these colors

Could it also be that aces are more likely to be exposed to the color purple, and therefore are more likely to like purple because of mere exposure effect??

Anthracite_Impreza

My favourite colours are monochrome, especially dark grey and black (hence my carsona) and fawn/isabelline/tan/khaki/beige, but of the "proper" colours, yes, purple.

AVEN and asexuality has definitely improved my opinion on purple, mostly because I've seen very light shades most of my life and was never fond of them. I'm very bad about dividing colors up because as a twin and with another sibling near us in age, we color-coded everything, and therefore I still think about colors as ones for her and ones for me. Purple was one set aside for her, but I'm starting to wear reds and yellows without freaking out so maybe one day.

AmusedSkeptic

Maybe realizing your sexuality/gender makes you like the representing colors more.

Just a Quail
19 minutes ago, SithEmpress said:

I'm very bad about dividing colors up because as a twin and with another sibling near us in age, we color-coded everything, and therefore I still think about colors as ones for her and ones for me.

SAME! Me and my twin have had a ridiculously strong color code for most of our lives. She's blue, I'm pink. It's how most of our extended family and aquantinces identify us. It took several years for me to be comfortable to wear her color, she on the other hand still avoids pink.

4 minutes ago, Just a Quail said:

SAME! Me and my twin have had a ridiculously strong color code for most of our lives. She's blue, I'm pink. It's how most of our extended family and aquantinces identify us. It took several years for me to be comfortable to wear her color, she on the other hand still avoids pink.

Lol, we're the opposite. We're literally planning on moving into a house where she gets the bathroom that's painted green and I get the one that's pink. It was asked if there were any objections and I was like "The colors are wrong." 

I'm not a fan of pink so likely never will wear it because why? She's probably worn blue though... maybe. 

I'm not crazy about purple, particularly Plum Crazy Purple on old Mopars, it just seems kind of trite in that case. Normally I only wear black and white, but that's mainly for simplicity and tidiness; I prefer darker greens and blues in most other cases. I like autumn orange too, in fact I may re-paint my old mechanic's tool box in that colour; the original paint is toast but the box is solid and just needs a couple of hinges fixed. My DVD player's display is amber except for a red Dolby Digital indicator; I quite like that, I don't think any other player I've owned had an amber display.

Grumpy Alien

Not ace but purple is nice

Alejandrogynous

I really don't like purple on its own, but I do like the asexuality shade paired with the black and greys. My style is predominantly black and grey to begin with so it's nice that the flag for my sexuality happens to be to subdued enough to fit my aesthetic.

What shade of purple?! :D

Royal purple, medium purple, northwestern purple and other shades similar to those for example are pretty dope.

But if we're talking pearly purple, purple pizzazz or orchid: Well, not the biggest fan of those. (Like they are still solid colors, but I'd fall more into the "okay" camp for those)

firewallflower

I'm quite fond of purple in general, though it definitely depends on the shade and setting.

But hmm... someone I know is obsessed with purple. Is that a sign? :P

Marimbasticks

Though technically sky blue is my favorite color, everyone has always assumed that purple is my favorite color so they get me things that are purple, then people see all my purple things and it's an endless cycle. But I do like purple enough. Especially purple and gray together. 

ace bookdragon
2 hours ago, Alejandrogynous said:

I really don't like purple on its own, but I do like the asexuality shade paired with the black and greys. My style is predominantly black and grey to begin with so it's nice that the flag for my sexuality happens to be to subdued enough to fit my aesthetic.

Same! It's really helpful that I wear so much black. I recently got my ring and since I'm not out to my entire family I can just say that I saw it and thought it would fit my aesthetic. 

Alejandrogynous
5 minutes ago, Ace Bookdragon said:

Same! It's really helpful that I wear so much black. I recently got my ring and since I'm not out to my entire family I can just say that I saw it and thought it would fit my aesthetic. 

Yeah, I already wore black rings even before I discovered asexuality so I was like, well that's convenient, haha.

Skycaptain

It's a bit dull for "loves", but better than brownn, grey and other dull colours 

It's a colour. I'm meh about colours.

Indifferent. I prefer bright blue, navy, forest green, teal & yellow & I can carry on. Though I have worn top to ankle in purple for the 1st day of ace visibility week in 2019. 

I am drawn to purple fruits & vegetables...perhaps they contain some kind of nutrients that I need(?) 

everywhere and nowhere

I prefer deep, but luminous blue, close to this shade:

35507524_140708_2301_23.png

But purple is fine too, I generally love everything colourful. Now I'm wearing quite bad clothes because I go out rarely and when I do, I usually cycle (and I just won't waste nice clothes for that), I'm afraid to use public transportation during the epidemic (even though I may very well alreeady be immune, I may have had a mild case of coronavirus infection). But when the conditions are normal, I go out and use public transportation - almost never is the upper part of my clothes (shirt, tunic, T-shirt, robe, dress worn with pants, etc.) monochromatic, it's almost always patterned. And if I wear a monochromatic shirt, then only to break the colour with a very colourful necktie. :) For example like this:

widok-na-krawat.png

(Note a few details: my very visible strabismus, combining "female" earrings with "male" tie, and my vest reaching so high that it can be seen through my collar... ;) I wear this kind of vests exactly because of my nudity aversion, to make sure that everything below my neck is covered even in tunics with a lower neckline.)

In purely esthetic terms, I don't like the ace flag very much. But by all means I'd wear an ace-colours asexual T-shirt, preferably with a slogan which is a) in Polish, and b) more antisexual than it is typical for ace T-shirts... Not "antisexual" in the meaning "sex is evil!!! away with those filthy allosexuals!!!", but in the sense of suggesting a deeply negative atttude to the idea of personally having sex.

I'mTheDecoy

I never liked the colour purple at all, until I came out and adopted the flag and now I feel much more positive towards it.

However, I did always like grey.

GlamRocker

My favorite colors are

1) Black. NO ONE BEATS THE KING, BABY

2) Pink, particularly dusty rose:

Dusty-Rose-Mismatched-Simple-Mermaid-Bri

But I pretty much love ALL pastel pinks (except corals, not a fan) and I also particularly love NEON PINK like this:

0561b72fc60255f7b8f0f6315bd31845_thumb1.

In fact, my room is FILLED with neon pink lights like THIS:

luEiaHandmade%20'You%20are%20a%20Pink%20

As for PURPLE... it used to be the only color I WOULDN'T WEAR, or have in my room or ANYTHING. I mean, I've always liked LOOKING at it, but I never liked having it on me... it just felt wrong. But within the last year, I started to love only a VERY SPECIFIC shade of pastel purple, like this:

dunn-edwards-2019-trending-colors-prom-c

I have a nail polish in this color I ADORE

It's funny, I generally seem to like black, white and pastels. What is this? Gothic easter? lol

Purple is one of my least favourite colours, actually. I generally dislike it. My favourite colour is red.

Janus the Fox

I've liked purple long before AVEN, though I'm suppose AVEN purple probably influenced Janus's fur colour a bit :P

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

I like purple pretty well. Purple is also my mom's favorite color, but she's definitely not ace.

J. van Deijck

I like purple as it can make interesting combinations with other colours. For example purple and blue is awesome together :D

Archived