Question

LordAce

To which romantic orientation do you belong if you feel romantic attracted to someone but when you start a relation, you don't feel romantic attraction anymore? 

AmusedSkeptic

Some labels that fit that description are lithromantic and frayromantic. :)

1 hour ago, CBC said:

That just sounds like not liking some aspect of the reality of being in a relationship. Maybe you're anxious about intimate connection, maybe the person isn't actually how you idealised them...

None of which is an orientation. 

I don't have anxiety for closeness. 

For the orientations TheGoodDemonKeeper (do you have your username like that just so people can't tag you?) mentioned:

Frayromantic: I've heard it's considered "the opposite of demiromantic" so either "lose attraction to someone once a close bond is formed" or "can only be sexually attracted to people without a close bond". Seen the former here on AVEN and the latter on a wikia page. I think most people use the former definition.

Lithromantic: (also akoiromantic or apromantic) which is feeling romantic attraction/desire without wanting it to be reciprocated. Definition found here and was paraphrased.

Personally, fray- seems like a normal phenomenon with most people, but so does demi- when generalized a bit too much. So maybe people who actually identify with the label would have a reason to bother distinguishing themselves. Lith- I've seen people use and it's a common phenomenon on AVEN as far as I've seen.

Janus the Fox

Moved to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations

Janus DarkFox

Questions about Asexuality, Asexual Musings and Rantings & Open Mic Moderator

Archived