Pride 2020

IzzyN

Hey all!

I hope everyone is doing ok right now. Pride is coming up, and unfortunately most in-person parades and festivals have been canceled or moved online. However, The Ace and Aro Advocacy Project (TAAAP) plans on making up for that by hosting some chats focusing on ace and aro topics throughout the month of June. If you're interested, take this poll: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSesNtlu_UOjBc_81cSzOtoSVIbtIWa9K-t7cP_uE-yLKdDEhw/viewform?usp=sf_link and vote for the topics you'd be interested in! If you can share it on social media, we'd really appreciate it.

If you have any questions, feel free to respond and I'll answer!

ace bookdragon

Thank you! :cake:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey -

We are officially ready to announce our Pride Chats! They'll be every weekend in June, starting this weekend, via Discord. To register, please go to this page: https://taaap.org/pride-chats/

Our schedule is as follows:

Saturday, June 6 - Pride

Sunday, June 7 - Media representation 

Saturday, June 13 - Aro and ace identities

Sunday, June 14 - Sex and relationships (of all kinds)

Saturday, June 20 - Intersections with other identities

Sunday, June 21 - Gender

Saturday, June 27 - Issues that aro and ace people face

Sunday, June 28 - Activism and community building

The webpage has more details about all of these chats, but if you have more questions, feel free to respond to this thread. Thanks so much, and I hope to see you all soon!

CitizenSmith

Great Idea. 

Squishsick Val

I assume the link in the purple Digest box on the homepage was supposed to direct here but it doesn't. Any chance that could be corrected please?

Sorry I can't commit to being in a specific place at a specific time. I missed the media debate but I have an idea that could probably fit into the final activism debate. I'm wondering if we could get more proactive with helping professional writers to improve our representation. If anyone would like to throw around some ideas which they could then pitch into the debate for us, please get in touch. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Updated so it's correct - thanks, @Squishsick Val! Also, while the voice conversations are only available at certain times, the channels are open all month, and you can comment/write on them at any point during the weekend, even if we have a different focus on that particular day. I hope you can join us!

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 9:22 PM, Squishsick Val said:

I assume the link in the purple Digest box on the homepage was supposed to direct here but it doesn't. Any chance that could be corrected please?

Sorry I can't commit to being in a specific place at a specific time. I missed the media debate but I have an idea that could probably fit into the final activism debate. I'm wondering if we could get more proactive with helping professional writers to improve our representation. If anyone would like to throw around some ideas which they could then pitch into the debate for us, please get in touch. Thanks!

Apologies, that was my fault. I've reposted it in this week's Digest with the correct link.

• 1 month later...

Hey all -

We're going to continue our Pride Chats once a month, the last weekend of each month. Here's the discussion description for this month:

In honor of Disability Pride Month and the 30th anniversary of the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the TAAAP Pride Chats’ topic for July will be neurodivergence, disability, and mental health in aro and ace communities. We’re specifically focusing on the importance of inclusion of and accommodations for people with any kinds of disabilities or differences.

The rest of the Discord will still be open, along with new channels specifically to discuss the Carnival of Aros and the Carnival of Aces.

We will be open from 9am on Saturday to 2am Sunday, then from 8am to 11:59 pm Sunday. We’ll have voice chats on both Saturday and Sunday at 11 am and 4 pm. All times are Eastern Time.

To register, go to https://taaap.org/pride-chat-registration/

If you have any questions, feel free to respond to this, or email us at advocacy@taaap.org.

Archived