I pretty new at this … I think… Anyways Hi there <3!

Emarulde

Hi, I'm 25 years old and I have known about asexuality for at most 3 years.

A Pan friend told me one day… hey maybe you are asexual… then I had to ask her what an asexual was.

I asked my psychiatrist at that time if I might be an asexual, I've told me that I was confused, because a Pan friend told me… so I changed psychiatrist :D 

Is true that I have dated guys before, long relationships and all, but… I was always grossed when they wanted something more than cuddles I mean I could stand some things for the sake of the relationship, but sex… nah too much to ask.

After 2 years of therapy with my new psychiatrist, and fortunately the support of my friends, who sometimes understand this better than me tbh.

I started embracing my identity, then not long ago I found this web, because I wanted to understand the cake meme… After all I knew was that the cake is a lie

I really hope to make some friends here, I'm pretty nerd and I like games and anime. 

ace bookdragon

Welcome! :cake:

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

From what I understand, most psychiatrists don't accept Asexuality because it conflicts with their training, it's good that you found one who does.

The phrase "The Cake is a Lie" comes from the game "Portal" and is unrelated to Asexuality.

The Asexuality cake is because an Ace would rather have a slice of cake than sex.

You can learn about the AVEN Cake here: http://wiki.asexuality.org/Cake

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's my favourite cake,

http://chocolateartcake.blogspot.com/

ZWughhv.jpg

3 hours ago, Emarulde said:

Hi, I'm 25 years old and I have known about asexuality for at most 3 years.

A Pan friend told me one day… hey maybe you are asexual… then I had to ask her what an asexual was.

I asked my psychiatrist at that time if I might be an asexual, I've told me that I was confused, because a Pan friend told me… so I changed psychiatrist :D 

Is true that I have dated guys before, long relationships and all, but… I was always grossed when they wanted something more than cuddles I mean I could stand some things for the sake of the relationship, but sex… nah too much to ask.

After 2 years of therapy with my new psychiatrist, and fortunately the support of my friends, who sometimes understand this better than me tbh.

I started embracing my identity, then not long ago I found this web, because I wanted to understand the cake meme… After all I knew was that the cake is a lie

I really hope to make some friends here, I'm pretty nerd and I like games and anime. 

Welcome to AVEN! 🍰🍰🍰🍰

I'm glad you are embracing your identity, and also super glad you managed to find a psychiatrist who is Ace friendly! I actually stopped seeing my last psychiatrist because they kept trying to "get to the bottom" about why I'm Ace to try and fix it. Telling me I'm repressed, and lying to myself, etc. That hurt a lot!

I'm nerdy too, high five! What kind of games and anime are you into?

HopefullySomething

Hello there! I am also a new asexual trying to find the hidden meaning behind the cake!

Glad to hear you have awesome friends and a wonderful support group to back you up.

Following the AVEN traditions I am inclined to share with you some wonderful slices of cake: 🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰

I hope you feel right at home on the forums here! Have an amazing day :)

Welcome! I got you a cake, here you go it’s just down this lovely white corridor :) 

portal-cake.jpeg

I'mTheDecoy

Sorry to hear your original therapist wasn't supportive but great that you were able to see that and movie on. It's terrible that some people are damaged by professionals who refuse to acknowledge this is a valid sexuality. 

NorthCircleTraveller

Welcome! Glad to have you here!

It was agreed by many on this forum that cake is better than sex, so cake offerings became a thing later!

It's great that your Pan friend knows about the A in the acronym, some people just miss it altogether.

And it's really awesome that instead of doubting or second-guessing yourself (which is a very reasonable response in this situation) you just changed therapists. They usually rely on old information, so they easily can miss out on other possibilities.

Like, really, good for you! So healthy.

We all need some friends especially now, don't we?

Thanks everybody for your support ❤️❤️ 

I'm still learning my way in the forum … gosh I feel so old now XD 

And I felt so embarrassed when I saw your kind answers XD I thought that nobody reply 😧 … but ¬¬U It was just me… I didn't activate the notifications 

Archived