could i be demi/ace?

strawbuwu

im not quite sure which catagory to put this in. so first of all i should mention im 15 (16 in 3 months) so idk if this is just cus im young but ive dated alot but ive never really felt like ive "loved" someone for example when i get into a relationship i tend to get bored quickly and break up but i dont know if this is cus i just havent met the right person. the closest thing i could relate to "love" is a crush i had a few years ago on one of my friends (probably one of the closest friend ive had that i got a crush on) he didnt ever like me back but when i found out he was in a relationship a year later it made me upset which ive never felt about anyone i "had a crush on" before. this has lead me to consider i could be demiromantic but im still not sure if i had ever REALLY liked him and if ive ever ACTUALLY liked anyonr before which makes me feel like i could be asexual. the only issue i have with that is i would in the future want to be in a relationship but i nevrr seem to be able to find anyone that i feel.close enough with to see that happening with them. basically am i just too young to have ever "been in love" or am i demi/ace and a hopeless romantic

aspecofstardust

While I can't speak to your personal experience, I don't think you are too young to have been "in love", but also love is subjective and hard to pinpoint. My advice to you might be to think about what exactly romance looks like for you, and to maybe look into other kinds of attraction such as platonic, sensual, aesthetic, etc (apologies if you already have, just a suggestion). Other advice I give sometimes is to just try a label on for size and see if you like it. The labels that you use don't have to perfectly explain every facet of your experience, they just have to feel comfy to you! For myself, I have identified as aroace for several years. I could dig deeper and find microlabels that might fit my experience better (for example, I often resonate with descriptions of autochorissexuality), but figuring out the tiny minutae of my identity isn't as important to me as finding a community. If you decide later that you don't like the labels you've picked anymore, that's okay! 

there is no litmus test. if something benefits you by being described by it then wear it. bu don't go looking for a word that you fit into. look for a word that fits into you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 3:56 AM, strawbuwu said:

im not quite sure which catagory to put this in. so first of all i should mention im 15 (16 in 3 months) so idk if this is just cus im young but ive dated alot but ive never really felt like ive "loved" someone for example when i get into a relationship i tend to get bored quickly and break up but i dont know if this is cus i just havent met the right person. the closest thing i could relate to "love" is a crush i had a few years ago on one of my friends (probably one of the closest friend ive had that i got a crush on) he didnt ever like me back but when i found out he was in a relationship a year later it made me upset which ive never felt about anyone i "had a crush on" before. this has lead me to consider i could be demiromantic but im still not sure if i had ever REALLY liked him and if ive ever ACTUALLY liked anyonr before which makes me feel like i could be asexual. the only issue i have with that is i would in the future want to be in a relationship but i nevrr seem to be able to find anyone that i feel.close enough with to see that happening with them. basically am i just too young to have ever "been in love" or am i demi/ace and a hopeless romantic

I don’t know if you did like them but you could be lithromantic but if you've never had a crush ur probably just aro. Asexual and aromantic aren’t the same thing.

Archived