Balance

Face masks

Arodash
19 minutes ago, Gloomy said:

I've seen a few people not wearing a mask, but I don't judge them since I don't know them or the reason they're not wearing one. Tbh it takes a lot for me to morally judge someone. During my teenage years I was acquainted with quite a few petty criminals and just the other day when I saw a Reddit post saying "Why do people idolize Kodak Black? He went to prison for lying on a background check form to purchase a firearm" and I was just thinking "What's wrong with that?".

Everyone makes mistakes is the way I see it anyone who claims they dont is lieing

• Like 1

daveb
1 hour ago, Arodash said:

Everyone makes mistakes is the way I see it anyone who claims they dont is lieing

... Trump ... :P 

Personally, I wouldn't get in an enclosed space like a cab without wearing a mask. Not that I have any reason to get in a cab these days.

I don't want anyone telling me I can't wear a mask during this medical situation. I will wear one any time I need to go out anywhere where I think a mask is warranted. That is my choice, because I believe it is the right choice. I do think other people should wear them, too, especially in public spaces where we can't avoid possible exposure. If they don't that is their choice, but then they shouldn't be surprised if I try to avoid them.

• Like 1

DuskFire

I'm scared to. Because last time i did wear one I had the worst panic attack I've had in years...

So I don't go out right now...😑

• Like 3

Arodash

Here is The Simple Solution don't tell anyone they can't wear a mask and don't tell anyone they have to wear a mask a lot of people are discovering right now they have extreme mask claustrophobia

• Like 1

MoonDancer

Mask wearing in my area is pretty inconsistent. I live in the country, and I think that I'm the only person other than the people who work at the gas station who wears a mask. There are more people wearing masks at the grocery store when I go to town. If I go into a store that has a permanent sign about uncovering your face when you enter (like the gas station), I wear my mask and work ID badge (I work in a hospital). I haven't had any problems. 

Since I've been sewing face masks, I've been debating if I should carry some extra ones to give to people who work in service jobs. I don't know how people would react. I don't have any elastic left to make ones that hook over the ears, so I make ones with long ties that go around your head. I actually find those to be much more comfortable.

• Like 2

Perspektiv
On 5/22/2020 at 9:12 PM, Arodash said:

I wouldnt force anyone to wear a mask.

I would agree in public, but if I'm a private business, my staff's safety matters as much as my customers. I'd enforce across the board mask wearing. Don't want to wear one, shop elsewhere. Simple. I'd hire security guards to do the work vs my staff that will already have their hands full.

• Like 3

Arodash
5 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

I would agree in public, but if I'm a private business, my staff's safety matters as much as my customers. I'd enforce across the board mask wearing. Don't want to wear one, shop elsewhere. Simple. I'd hire security guards to do the work vs my staff that will already have their hands full.

Thats what I keep telling people who dont wanna wear masks, a private business can deny service

Perspektiv
16 minutes ago, Arodash said:

a private business can deny service

And should. I yesterday bought bubble tea from a highly popular Taiwanese shop in my city. I then saw over 10 people crowd inside shoulder to shoulder, with no masks. I was standing as far as possible (a good 10' away from everyone), but the crowding was crazy, with more people piling in (this is exactly why I carry my sanitizer and mask on me at all times). At this point, stuck there for 5 minutes puts you at a high risk of getting sick if one person happens to be.

Personally, I'd avoid that shop moving forwards until they implemented stricter social distancing policies.

I only shop at places that enforce them.

Businesses need to realize, that the more safety you offer, the more people will want to buy from you.

But the entitlement of someone refusing to leave because of their rights, has them in my opinion deserving to have cops called and arrested for trespassing.

• Like 1

Arodash
2 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

But the entitlement of someone refusing to leave because of their rights, has them in my opinion deserving to have cops called and arrested for trespassing.

They clearly dont know their rights then. Like most people I run into who claim to "know their rights" but havent ever read the constitution. You have no right to trespass on a private business, the moment the business owner tells you to leave, your trespassing if they demand you wear a mask, dont shop there or put a mask on. Super simple. 

Perspektiv
5 minutes ago, Arodash said:

Super simple. 

Tell that to the many Americans and Canadians that took their "rights" into their own hands and were caught on camera doing it.

I just feel for those jobs like Wal-Mart, which pay staff pennies, and expect them to sanitize things, and on top of that, act as security guard to boot. To me, this disgusts me more than anything.

You're already spiking in business and demand. Heck, charge 2% more on critical items to pay for it, and hire damn security guards to man your entrance.

• Like 1

Arodash
23 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Tell that to the many Americans and Canadians that took their "rights" into their own hands and were caught on camera doing it.

I just feel for those jobs like Wal-Mart, which pay staff pennies, and expect them to sanitize things, and on top of that, act as security guard to boot. To me, this disgusts me more than anything.

You're already spiking in business and demand. Heck, charge 2% more on critical items to pay for it, and hire damn security guards to man your entrance.

Up charging would be a bad idea right now and is actually illegal at least in the US we have anti gouging laws. 

And Walmart has security, they just dont enforce because business is up like way up. They dont care about employees.

• Like 1

CallaWolf

I'm in California and work as a Stock Clerk in a hospital, so wearing a mask is more or less natural for many of us. We wear masks a LOT more than we used to, but it was sort of a natural step for many of us. Plus, I also pretty bad allergies to a lot of things, so I have to wear a mask just to mow the lawn otherwise I start to feel like I'm getting a terrible cold for a few days (even though it's just my allergies kicking up).

So saying that, wearing a mask when I am out and about isn't a detriment for me and I do it every time I leave the house, and honestly don't feel safe without one anymore. Make it a fashion statement if need be, it's possible (I have plain black masks as well as a few red ones for when I'm dressed in my typical gothy-ness , plus I also have a few more that are colorful that I wear when I'm just going out really quick and don't feel like creating the aesthetic).

• Like 2

Perspektiv
5 hours ago, Arodash said:

Up charging would be a bad idea right now

Technically, there would be no need for it. You just don't put any sales on those products ever, and just charge full MRSP at all times. They sell like hot cakes, so would pay for the added security.

5 hours ago, Arodash said:

They dont care about employees.

That's unfortunately nothing new. Mind you, they are smart enough to know that many employees dying is bad for business, so at least there's that.

• Like 1