I don't know if I'm asexual or not

Timid Egret

I'm struggling with figuring out myself. I've had sex with my current boyfriend a number of times, but I always end up regretting it in the end. I'm afraid of sex even though I have no trauma with it. It's a mind vs body fight, because it feels good physically, but mentally, it feels wrong. I love my boyfriend, so it's not a problem of who I'm with. I've always been afraid of it. I don't know why and I don't know what to do so that I can become comfortable with myself. If any of you have an idea, please respond to this. Thank you.

• Like 1

If it feels wrong, don't do it. It isn't worth the cost. Be comfortable. Your first duty is self care. Putting yourself in that position isn't fair to you.

Whether you are asexual or not kinda depends, but just go with how you feel in the moment. Trust yourself.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Timid Egret said:

It's a mind vs body fight, because it feels good physically, but mentally, it feels wrong.

I relate to this. In my case it’s mild, but definitely this.

• Like 2
Timid Egret

I haven't seen my therapist in a while. Since I'm a minor, I fall under The Mental Health Act (2007). Conversion therapy is illegal, so it wouldn't be a good topic for a therapist. 

My boyfriend doesn't support it. He loves me, but he and I have different values.