So I had this interesting (a)romantic dream

I feel I need to share this now before I forget because dreams. I thought this was dream interesting because this was the first dream in which I ever mentioned the word "aromantic". It was a short dream but here goes:

I met a girl and got into a relationship with her after 1 week of knowing her. This wasn't anyone I knew irl, just a random person. The relationship was super duper uncomfortable because this person was showering me with love and I just wasn't feeling it at all. I thought about breaking up with her and in this process I thought of two possible explanations 1) I am actually aromantic, and 2) I am actually in love with someone else (and this person actually exists irl). I think in my head I wanted to pick Option 2. The real breakup conversation was me saying that I need time to get to know someone before falling in love and getting into a relationship with them. I didn't use any of the two options.

I thought this dream was really interesting... I know dreams don't necessarily mean anything but this particular one was really specific and thoughtful? It was weird, i felt I had to choose between being aromantic and romantic, but it sounded like the answer I put in was demiromantic? When I woke up I began to question if I was actually interested in girls because I started feeling repulsed by the thought of being in a relationship/relationship with a girl. I hate dreams sometimes 😑

Just a Quail

Yea dreams are confusing. I don't think the way we act in dreams necessarily reflects ourselves accurately, so maybe it's best to take it as a grain of salt?

Archived