Do asexuals want to have kids or get pregnant

I've never wanted kids, even long before I started questioning my sexuality. While I'm not sex-repulsed, I've just never been interested in the idea of having any children of my own. 

I’ve never wanted kids but for some reason I sometimes imagine myself having them. I hope it’s not a premonition.😬🤭

@N8FALL It's probably more of a "What would my life be like if I decided to have kids?" than actually wanting them, if you don't actively have any interest in having them.

It's never occurred to me to think much about having children, and I really just need to focus on myself anyway. Plus I wouldn't want to experience any of what is necessary in order to have a child.

Becoming pregnant is one of my biggest fears, I can't even picture it without freaking out. As for kids, don't like them.

On 5/19/2020 at 5:52 AM, magic459 said:

Hey! Since as long as I can remember I never wanted to be a mother or have kids and the thought of me being a pregnant woman gave me anxiety and it's something I'd never want to go through. I guess it goes hand in hand considering asexual people don't have sexual feelings towards people meaning most don't have sex but I am aware that even though that is true there is asexuals who do have sex with their partners to make them happy (or other reasons) because some do believe in romantic partnerships. I was wondering if my idea of having kids or being pregnant was a common one among other asexuals. 

Since I was a small kid, I recall never wanting to become a mother. I never played with dolls or dreamed about having children like the girls my age did. I remember reasoning that since having children seems to be your duty once you become adult, I'd just go and adopt some and hang out with them without becoming a mother (that was my ignorant kid logic). Nowadays I of course realize that having children is not a compulsory duty to anyone, and I wouldn't go to an adoption agency "just because" and take the place from someone who really wants children. If I ever got into a QRP with someone who already had children, I wouldn't mind becoming a step parent tho. But it would be especially important to me that I wouldn't be the "primary" parent. Like, I prefer the idea of being a supportive adult on kid's life. Or no parent at all.

When it comes to the idea of pregnancy, I can't even imagine myself becoming pregnant. The idea feels completely alien to me, like it's not something my body was even supposed to be capable of. Of course I know it most probably is, but the idea of it seems just as alien to me as the idea of me having partnered sex with someone. It probably has something to do with my gender identity (I'm still questioning). However, on the daily basis this possibility my body holds never comes up in my mind and thus doesn't really bother me.

I'm completely repulsed by the thought of pregnancy and birth. No way.

I am open to adoption and fostering though.

I am not sure if I am the right person to ask as I still haven't figured out if I am ace or not, but I do want to have children one day. Technically, my feelings over this are kind of weird. I want to have children, but only if I find a partner who is good enough for raising kids with. At the same time, I don't feel so inclined towards finding a partner in the first place 😂

Now, whether I am going to give birth to my child or adopt is still something I haven't figured out, and I'll probably decide in the meantime. I don't feel weirded out by pregnancy, so giving birth doesn't sound so repulsive like it does to many other people here, but by adopting I would give family to an abandoned child. Both options have their charm, maybe I end up doing both, who knows. I am only 20, it's too early to think about this right now to be completely honest.