Is this a thing? ...

ConfusedTeen.

ConfusedTeen.

Hello AVEN, 

so im having trouble figuring out my romantic orientation and to be honest it’s taking longer than I expected, I’m still not sure whether I like just girls or just mainly girls and some boys. All I know is that I definitely like girls, over the past couple of months I’ve had this crush on a girl who is one of my best friends and it’s kind of coming to an end now because we don’t hang out anymore (not because she found out but because she just started hanging out with other people).

Lately I’ve have another friend who’s a girl and immediately we kinda clicked like our personality’s and stuff and I think I might like her??? I haven’t imagined us kissing or whatever but like I’m still questioning it. It’s just that like, girls are just, different. I just, it’s hard to explain but they’re like better in my opinion or something?

So I thought I was homoromatic but then I found out (this might be wrong but I’ve seen it a lot) through the internet that apparently a lot of girls who are bi just like want a girl or something? Like they still like guys and date guys and they’re still bi but like dating a girl just ‘hits different’ or something??? So now I’m thinking, what if I’m biromantic and just want a girl and I haven’t found the right guy or whatever? Or what if I’m like homoflexibe is that a thing (?), if so, what does it mean exactly???

is this a thing? Have you experienced similar things? Please leave your thoughts/opinions/experiences, they’re really helpful and even if you just say something like ‘I can relate’ or whatever that’s really appreciated 😊👍 thanks for reading, have a good day/night (depending on time zones). 

Galactic Turtle

I figure if you like someone, you should weigh the pros and cons of dating them. If they accept your offer, then you date. If you've never liked anyone in that way, then you don't have any data to go off of. If you do, then you are whatever the data says regarding homo/hetero/bi. 

I relate to this.  Romantic attraction can be complicated and confusing.  Right now I call myself biromantic, but I question that identity at least once a week lol.

I guess a question to ask yourself is how would you feel if you were in a relationship with a guy?  Is it hard to picture?  Is it something you'd be comfortable with?  At the end of the day, only you can really define your identity, so go with whatever label feels the most comfortable to you.  You can "try on" different labels in your head to see which fits best.  And just because you choose one identity now doesn't mean you can't change that label in the future.

Janus the Fox

This is a thing yeah, same questioning ages back myself.  Figured I can like any gender but not in any romantic way.

I def relate to this but opposite. Since I realized I was ace, I thought I was heteroromantic, but recently I've been remembering some crushes I've had on girls. I can't really see myself with a girl, but also I don't dislike the idea either. I can't tell what is my romantic orientation and what is internalized homophobia. I really wish I could figure out how I feel. 

I think what we may be experiencing is alterous attraction, which is kind of annoying to me lol. I know labels aren't everything and they're not for everyone, but I feel much more comfortable with a label. Hope we can figure ourselves out soon💕 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 3:48 AM, ConfusedTeen. said:

Hello AVEN, 

so im having trouble figuring out my romantic orientation and to be honest it’s taking longer than I expected, I’m still not sure whether I like just girls or just mainly girls and some boys. All I know is that I definitely like girls, over the past couple of months I’ve had this crush on a girl who is one of my best friends and it’s kind of coming to an end now because we don’t hang out anymore (not because she found out but because she just started hanging out with other people).

Lately I’ve have another friend who’s a girl and immediately we kinda clicked like our personality’s and stuff and I think I might like her??? I haven’t imagined us kissing or whatever but like I’m still questioning it. It’s just that like, girls are just, different. I just, it’s hard to explain but they’re like better in my opinion or something?

So I thought I was homoromatic but then I found out (this might be wrong but I’ve seen it a lot) through the internet that apparently a lot of girls who are bi just like want a girl or something? Like they still like guys and date guys and they’re still bi but like dating a girl just ‘hits different’ or something??? So now I’m thinking, what if I’m biromantic and just want a girl and I haven’t found the right guy or whatever? Or what if I’m like homoflexibe is that a thing (?), if so, what does it mean exactly???

is this a thing? Have you experienced similar things? Please leave your thoughts/opinions/experiences, they’re really helpful and even if you just say something like ‘I can relate’ or whatever that’s really appreciated 😊👍 thanks for reading, have a good day/night (depending on time zones). 

Homoflexible is a thing, and you might be but you need to ask yourself things like:

would I continue to date someone if they said they wanted to transition into male? Are you biromantic or bisexual?

Archived