henshin

Asexuality in fanfiction

henshin

Hi all

A graduate student from Ohio State University is researching asexuality in fanfiction and is inviting people to take part in a survey and potentially be selected for a follow up interview over video chat. 

This study is only open to participants aged 18 and over. 

Access the questionnaire here: https://forms.gle/6FunzvkthFeh3pie7

This request has been approved by the Research Approval Board

Lisa Smith

Done. As someone who writes I wanted to share what I've been told when submitting YA Fiction - If I don't include sex I'm told I'm 'ripping off Twilight' or it's 'unbelievable' or 'not realistic' It's ridiculous x

DarkGloomSquid

As someone who has spent years on fanficiton sites it is my time to shine bahaha

AceAnon

Finally, I can tell someone other than my SO how much I LOVE fanfiction, lol.

Edit - in fact, I learned about asexuality through Sherlock fanfiction.  Before then I had no clue there was a term to describe how I felt.

Dirty gremlin named Em

One of my original characters, Emilia Ilena Thompson, is ace-aro. She still has a lot of love to give, but none of it is romantic. She exists in a world that hangs between Harry Potter and Percy Jackson. Most people think she's evil, as she is the daughter of the godly embodiment of night.

I'mTheDecoy

What do they mean by 'Asexuality is a fairly new sexual orientation'? I presume they mean that the term itself is new because the orientation has presumably always existed?