Talking to the dead

iloveanimals

iloveanimals

So, I can talk to the dead right. Or, at least I think I can. 

Every now and then, I get a voice in my head telling me certain specific, intimate details about a person. Other times, I get someone giving me names of people to tell the person, then I'll get images shown to me, sometimes I'll feel how someone has actually died also. And I'll tell the living person all of these details. But, that's it. So, my question is this. How do I know that I'm really speaking to an actual soul? Has anyone, with possibly similar talents or maybe even beliefs, ever thought that this is just residual energy that I'm talking to? A bit like Rimmer in Red Dwarf, being a hologram etc, kind of vibe? If that makes any sense? I may not make any sense. But it's just something I've been thinking about a lot lately. 

Like, sometimes I do feel, see or sense things near to me. But sometimes I just wonder whether it is simply residual energy. From people who lived here before, or from people that I'm trying to contact, etc. 

Anyways, any ideas are welcome. Thanks all x

TheLostHerondale

I've never heard of that... I definitely haven't had those experiences. Have you tried just scouring the internet for some answers?

iloveanimals

Yeah I mean I've had a look etc. But I don't really get much luck to be honest. Just would be cool to have a discussion with others and see whether they see things the same way or not x

ive heard a number of theroies as to what you are doing here. some people definatly belive that you are comunicating with a soul. i think a more common theroy is that you are reading residual energy. ive seen a good number of people claim that ghosts and spirits are semi sentient energy signatures. personally i belive both are true and weather or not you are actually communing with the dead is a case by case basis.

iloveanimals

Yes. Very true. I can tell someone perfectly what has happened to their passed away relative sometimes. I've even been involved in a few cases where I've given vital information to someone and it's lead them to contact their local police again to re-open a case. So, I know that I can get some amazing information sometimes. But, it still makes me think 'is this just what my guides are telling me? Is this just some residual energy that's now gone, but I can still somehow view the story of their life?' You know what I mean? Just makes me think. And when I read people, I don't do any of this 'tell me about who you want to contact?' or 'tell me the names,' etc. I'm not one of those typical fake mediums online that says;

I can hear a name - it begins with M. Is it Michael, Maureen, Michaela, Mason, Mike.....no no, I don't do any of that lol

Anthracite_Impreza

Not dead humans no, but machines? Certainly. It's how I "talk" to my cars, locos, even a bridge once. Souls are everywhere, I just happen to be tuned into the machine-frequency most strongly.

Lord Jade Cross

It's not unheard of that some people can act as mediums and contact the dead. Personally I have never spoke to them but that doesn't mean I haven't felt their presence and their spiritual pressure for lack of a better term, basically feeling their emotions and intentions without a single word being said.

iloveanimals

Yeahhh  Ifeel this. My car is called Derek lol x

iloveanimals
2 hours ago, Arodash said:

I swear I never sweet talk sprinkler systems to get them to work propperly. Totally never... and I totally dont have kinship with my Jeep. There is energy and some kind of soul in everything around us. The word "sweetheart" and "sweety" get used often lol

Yeah I do stuff like this too with certain objects haha. 

iloveanimals

40 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

It's not unheard of that some people can act as mediums and contact the dead. Personally I have never spoke to them but that doesn't mean I haven't felt their presence and their spiritual pressure for lack of a better term, basically feeling their emotions and intentions without a single word being said.

Yeah. I mean I do feel presence every now and then especially when I try to tap into someone's relatives or just to be able to hear more from spirit about a person and their soul. But like, I know there are different entities out there, sure, I believe that. Including us believing in potential Gods and Godesses. But, when it comes to the actual dead, sometimes I just wonder if once they've passed, it's basically just like a document I can read, in a sense? I can't explain myself very well most of the time. But it is basically like verbal diarrhoea sometimes that just comes out of my mouth about someone. Like someone else is talking through me sometimes to a specific person to let them know everything about them. Its hard to explain. But its times like these I wonder, is it the dead person themselves speaking to me? Or is this just a spirit guide or a higher being letting me know the information I'm asking for?

Anthracite_Impreza
1 hour ago, iloveanimals said:

Yeahhh  Ifeel this. My car is called Derek lol x

Derek Accordah? ;)

Anthracite_Impreza
6 minutes ago, Arodash said:

My jeep is named Stella, My rifle is named Walker. And when my new shotgun comes in I am considering naming it Tango

My phone is Tarquin and my laptop is Marley :P Blitz the Beemer named my phone, and everyone knows Clutch the Saxo ❤️

Lord Jade Cross

Yeah. I mean I do feel presence every now and then especially when I try to tap into someone's relatives or just to be able to hear more from spirit about a person and their soul. But like, I know there are different entities out there, sure, I believe that. Including us believing in potential Gods and Godesses. But, when it comes to the actual dead, sometimes I just wonder if once they've passed, it's basically just like a document I can read, in a sense? I can't explain myself very well most of the time. But it is basically like verbal diarrhoea sometimes that just comes out of my mouth about someone. Like someone else is talking through me sometimes to a specific person to let them know everything about them. Its hard to explain. But its times like these I wonder, is it the dead person themselves speaking to me? Or is this just a spirit guide or a higher being letting me know the information I'm asking for?

That will most likely remain a mystery. Some believe that spirits that still wander are stuck in a form of loop whereby they repeat the same things over and over again and some believe they are basically concious humans in purely energy form

Phantasmal Fingers
5 hours ago, iloveanimals said:

So, I can talk to the dead right. Or, at least I think I can. 

Every now and then, I get a voice in my head telling me certain specific, intimate details about a person. Other times, I get someone giving me names of people to tell the person, then I'll get images shown to me, sometimes I'll feel how someone has actually died also. And I'll tell the living person all of these details. But, that's it. So, my question is this. How do I know that I'm really speaking to an actual soul? Has anyone, with possibly similar talents or maybe even beliefs, ever thought that this is just residual energy that I'm talking to? A bit like Rimmer in Red Dwarf, being a hologram etc, kind of vibe? If that makes any sense? I may not make any sense. But it's just something I've been thinking about a lot lately. 

Like, sometimes I do feel, see or sense things near to me. But sometimes I just wonder whether it is simply residual energy. From people who lived here before, or from people that I'm trying to contact, etc. 

Anyways, any ideas are welcome. Thanks all x

The spiritualists (Sir William Barrett, for example) would say there are souls, others who experience psi phenomena would invoke 'the law of collective psychism' and say it's either an imprint (e. g. T. C. Lethbridge) or something received telepathically through the mind of someone living (e.g. Frank Podmore).

Hence, in that famous work 'Phantasms of the Living' what Podmore sees as a 'telepathic hallucination' can be seen as a soul from Myers's point of view (i.e. as a phantasm of the dead if it happened post mortem) or some kind of imprint or other manifestation in accord with the law of collective psychism from Gurney's standpoint. So who believes - in what? And who is sceptical - of what? As you say, it boils down to your own experience. 

From my side, if your experience of the self is that it's empty - which mine is - then the 'difference' between a self and a soul is a moot point, especially if you've experienced ghosts, as I have. 

iloveanimals
7 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Derek Accordah? ;)

Haha no way is it in any connection to Derek Acorah that my car is named Derek lol. I was NOT a fan of Derek's and he was obviously shown as a fraud many times through a lot of videos. But, anyways, he's passed now so RIP and I won't say anymore on him.

The previous owner of the car was named Derek, and it's also a Dacia, so I just connected a 'D' from both names and just thought, yep, he will be named Derek the Dacia lol.

iloveanimals
6 hours ago, Arodash said:

My jeep is named Stella, My rifle is named Walker. And when my new shotgun comes in I am considering naming it Tango

I think if I had a shotgun I would name it something like Maiya lol. Or something random x

iloveanimals
6 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

My phone is Tarquin and my laptop is Marley :P Blitz the Beemer named my phone, and everyone knows Clutch the Saxo ❤️

Haha I'm liking all the names. Very cool. Especially Marley, of course. x

iloveanimals
6 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

That will most likely remain a mystery. Some believe that spirits that still wander are stuck in a form of loop whereby they repeat the same things over and over again and some believe they are basically concious humans in purely energy form

Yes. It's a difficult one isn't it. Just makes the whole subject of life feel very daunting for me. What's next for me? What will happen to me? It's not an answer I get from spirit unfortunately. 

iloveanimals
6 hours ago, Arodash said:

I wish someone would pay me to name horses. Lol

Haha yeah that would also be cool. Animals rock x

iloveanimals
6 hours ago, Moderne Jazzhanden said:

The spiritualists (Sir William Barrett, for example) would say there are souls, others who experience psi phenomena would invoke 'the law of collective psychism' and say it's either an imprint (e. g. T. C. Lethbridge) or something received telepathically through the mind of someone living (e.g. Frank Podmore).

Hence, in that famous work 'Phantasms of the Living' what Podmore sees as a 'telepathic hallucination' can be seen as a soul from Myers's point of view (i.e. as a phantasm of the dead if it happened post mortem) or some kind of imprint or other manifestation in accord with the law of collective psychism from Gurney's standpoint. So who believes - in what? And who is sceptical - of what? As you say, it boils down to your own experience. 

From my side, if your experience of the self is that it's empty - which mine is - then the 'difference' between a self and a soul is a moot point, especially if you've experienced ghosts, as I have. 

Yeah, I mean, it's a difficult one. Like one of the other members has suggested above, maybe some of us do go into a kind of 'limbo' state after death. Maybe some of us just do completely end when we die, but our energy remains a residual one. I know there's stories on reincarnation and also about children who remember previous lives. There's also a book on children who remember being somewhere 'up in the sky' or 'up in heaven' and basically choosing their parents and then obviously being conceived, etc. I do believe in reincarnation and these children's stories. It fascinates me. Ultimately, I think there's probably like some sort of tier system for when we die. Maybe we get a review of our lives and whoever our higher being is, decides where we go next. Onto what tier or platform.

Phantasmal Fingers

I have fragmentary past life memories of previous lives so for me it's not a belief, it's an experience.

Whatever you can believe or accept as plausible in someone else's account of their experiences, of a type you can't remember having had yourself, ultimately depends on what your own experiences have been, I think. This underlies whatever one thinks of as being logical. 

No resources for you because I'm honestly confused how anyone believes in souls, spirits, auras, or basically anything anyone above has posted. I've never seen proof of any of it and it was all used just to scare me when I was little. I suggest contacting someone who professionally debunks psychics because they'll know some real tests for you to take to prove yourself to them and others. Not all are assholes, but many have enough experience with "mediums" to see through the fishing and guessing and manipulation used by most "psychics". 

So as someone who doesn't believe in any of this, if you're hearing voices, talk to a doctor or therapist or someone who can help. Because hearing voices is a sign of schizophrenia, even if the voices aren't the ones you hear about in movies or on TV (apparently the voices differ via cultures, and that's really interesting and something I wish I could have continued studying but I don't have a head for anatomy and chemistry and so couldn't continue abnormal psychology). 

I recommend reading this, and in particular Occam's Razor―simply because it has the power to provide clarity in exactly your type of use case. The fact that this technological communication is even possible is a testament to their [philosophical razors'] reliability. Feel free to ask if you are unsure about something. 😉

iloveanimals
On 5/11/2020 at 1:02 AM, Moderne Jazzhanden said:

I have fragmentary past life memories of previous lives so for me it's not a belief, it's an experience.

Whatever you can believe or accept as plausible in someone else's account of their experiences, of a type you can't remember having had yourself, ultimately depends on what your own experiences have been, I think. This underlies whatever one thinks of as being logical. 

Wow. Would you be able to tell me a little about your past life memories if you don't mind? x

iloveanimals
On 5/11/2020 at 1:33 AM, SithEmpress said:

No resources for you because I'm honestly confused how anyone believes in souls, spirits, auras, or basically anything anyone above has posted. I've never seen proof of any of it and it was all used just to scare me when I was little. I suggest contacting someone who professionally debunks psychics because they'll know some real tests for you to take to prove yourself to them and others. Not all are assholes, but many have enough experience with "mediums" to see through the fishing and guessing and manipulation used by most "psychics". 

So as someone who doesn't believe in any of this, if you're hearing voices, talk to a doctor or therapist or someone who can help. Because hearing voices is a sign of schizophrenia, even if the voices aren't the ones you hear about in movies or on TV (apparently the voices differ via cultures, and that's really interesting and something I wish I could have continued studying but I don't have a head for anatomy and chemistry and so couldn't continue abnormal psychology). 

It's all good. The voices I hear are usually my own voice only. Very rarely do I hear someone elses voice. And whenever I do get these voices, it's usually during doing a reading for someone and it's information that is absolutely spot on and crystal clear for that person. I'm one of those that's a no BS psychic, reader, medium, whatever you wanna call me or 'it.' I don't do the whole 'fishing game' with people. That's not fair and that's not like me, and my personality. My personality is all about being forthcoming, blunt, 'you get what you see' kind of attitude. So people always know that about me when I do a reading. If I'm not trying to connect to spirit, I do not hear voices, etc. Sometimes I'll see a shadow or see someone within my mind standing in my house somewhere. But rarely does this happen. As I don't have an 'open door policy for anyone and everyone to come in' type of attitude also about my home. I don't need to see a therapist, because I'm already under the mental health team as I've been on antidepressants for a number of years. And no, it's not the meds, because I've had this ability since way before I started the meds. I have BPD. PTSD. And emotional dysregulation disorder. I do not have schizophrenia; and those therapists that have assessed me in the past know fully well what I do 'on the side' with regards to spirit work. x

iloveanimals
On 5/11/2020 at 5:13 AM, __shiva_c said:

I recommend reading this, and in particular Occam's Razor―simply because it has the power to provide clarity in exactly your type of use case. The fact that this technological communication is even possible is a testament to their [philosophical razors'] reliability. Feel free to ask if you are unsure about something. 😉

Thanks I'll check the link out later x

It's all good. The voices I hear are usually my own voice only. Very rarely do I hear someone elses voice. And whenever I do get these voices, it's usually during doing a reading for someone and it's information that is absolutely spot on and crystal clear for that person. I'm one of those that's a no BS psychic, reader, medium, whatever you wanna call me or 'it.' I don't do the whole 'fishing game' with people. That's not fair and that's not like me, and my personality. My personality is all about being forthcoming, blunt, 'you get what you see' kind of attitude. So people always know that about me when I do a reading. If I'm not trying to connect to spirit, I do not hear voices, etc. Sometimes I'll see a shadow or see someone within my mind standing in my house somewhere. But rarely does this happen. As I don't have an 'open door policy for anyone and everyone to come in' type of attitude also about my home. I don't need to see a therapist, because I'm already under the mental health team as I've been on antidepressants for a number of years. And no, it's not the meds, because I've had this ability since way before I started the meds. I have BPD. PTSD. And emotional dysregulation disorder. I do not have schizophrenia; and those therapists that have assessed me in the past know fully well what I do 'on the side' with regards to spirit work. x

I'll see it when I believe it. As I said, I don't believe in psychics. I've never once seen one to work and be accurate. If you are indeed legit, then I suggest contacting one of those who are known for debunking psychics, because then you'd be giving skeptics evidence. And if you're blunt and honest with no games or tricks, then you would be the first.

I'm glad you don't have schizophrenia. But I don't believe you're psychic. 

Phantasmal Fingers
19 hours ago, iloveanimals said:

Wow. Would you be able to tell me a little about your past life memories if you don't mind? x

Sure, no problem. No doubt a sceptic would dismiss all that follows as dreaming - or in some other way - but then sceptics generally do. Whatever... 

So these memories appeared, as if on a screen, during meditation. When I first started meditating it was - with hindsight - as if I'd had my nose right up against a cinema screen. Whenever I saw anything it was either dark or whatever I saw was more or less like white noise. Then, all of a sudden, it was as if I were ten rows back in a cinema. There was a gap I hadn't noticed before. And thus an opportunity to see things. At some point or other, some past life memories appeared. 

The memories concerned are visual, like parts of a damaged, unrestored film. They are short and somewhat fragmentary. There is no soundtrack. They played once. I cannot play them back in the way they appeared, except in memory, which is different. They are far more distinct than imagination. 

Immediately they appeared I knew they were memories from past lives. But I have no idea how I knew this. My next thought was, "but whose lives are they from?" I wondered what they were doing in my head and thought they must be someone elses' memories! Later I realised that they were 'mine' , but not in the sense that they belong to me now: in the sense that what comes through me is more me than the 'I' one usually identifies with. They are in that way impersonally personal, if you see what I mean - of me, related to me, but not a younger version of the 'me-here-now' which usually replays memories. 

Some time later - while in memory replaying one of these memories over and over again - I suddenly realised that - of course! - the person I was looking at in them was not me as I had assumed it must be, but someone I had known. At that point the compulsion to continually replay it vanished. I knew it wasn't me in front of a mirror I was seeing.

But, strangely enough, this particular memory is bound up with someone I used to know in this lifetime. I have the distinct impression that this experience is not uncommon, i. e. that one meets people one still has unfinished business with from other lifetimes. 

Archived