New Moderator Needed: Welcome Lounge: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Welcome Lounge Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning. You may run for only one election at a time.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 7 May to Thursday, 14 May: Nominations.

Thursday, 14 May to Sunday, 17 May: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 17 May to Sunday, 24 May: Voting.

@Sea Lemon

What’s the volume of work like? I have frequented the WL at times so I’ve got an idea of the volume of posts, but are there many reports/issues?

Also appreciate your thoughts on whether modding these forums is, on average, less than 1 hour, more than 1 hour or more than 2 hours per day.

I used to mod Welcome Lounge for a while. Issues are rare. Your workload depends on your approach; some mods participate in all the threads, others stick to reading. WL usually spikes on weekends when people sit at home, browse all kinds of stuff and have time to think about things. Some mods stick to greetings and cake, but I always took this from a receptionist's POV. Is this person a partner of an asexual? Are they confused about gender things? Then I just pointed them to the respective subforums.

It can be a bit tedious at times because sometimes you'll read an introduction and think "that person won't be back anyway" but you still invest time and effort to welcome them properly. It's also really repetitive (duh :D ), but if you don't mind that...

AceMissBehaving

40ns81.jpg

It’s definitely been long enough this time, so throwing my turnip back in the ring 

9 hours ago, AceMissBehaving said:

40ns81.jpg

It’s definitely been long enough this time, so throwing my turnip back in the ring 

So that's where she's hiding when it isn't Sunday...

AceMissBehaving
1 hour ago, Kisa needs a latte said:

So that's where she's hiding when it isn't Sunday...

Haha yup, this is the secret life of Daisy Mae!

21 hours ago, AceMissBehaving said:

40ns81.jpg

2 hours ago, KYON. said:

I will run!

Daniel-Bryan-Throwing-Chairs-Into-Ring.g

Turnips disgust me, so I'll throw a chair into the ring.

Yaaaayyy! Good luck to you both! :D

On 5/8/2020 at 12:44 PM, Iam9man said:

@Sea Lemon

What’s the volume of work like? I have frequented the WL at times so I’ve got an idea of the volume of posts, but are there many reports/issues?

Also appreciate your thoughts on whether modding these forums is, on average, less than 1 hour, more than 1 hour or more than 2 hours per day.

Homer summed it up pretty well I think. The volume isn't too bad, I'd say you can get your daily checking and welcoming done in under an hour. 

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Good luck to all who are in the ring and spotlight 

54 minutes ago, KYON. said:

Sorry! I’ve changed my mind - I won’t run this time after all. 😅

Awwwwwww. :( I'm sorry to hear that, but I understand. Please remember to keep future elections in mind, though! 😊

*closes to start campaigns*

Archived