Has Anyone Come Out to You?

will123

An old friend from my old anime club came out to me years ago as trans and I was one of the 2nd or 3rd people she came out to outside of her family

I came out to my sister today and she came out to me (We talk about things a lot privately together when we travel).

She didn’t really say much about it, but I am really proud that she was aware of asexuality, it really made things much easier. ☺️

It also turns out that she’s lesbian and has been in this secret relationship with her ‘best friend’ for a year, and hasn’t told anyone about it apart from her friends, so I had a fun time talking about that with her. It’s really sweet.

My brother came out as bi to me the other day, so we got ice cream to celebrate.

2dd45160d992dab28903a7a4c7d5a21d.jpg

1. Several friends (and ex). Have came out about being different things. 
2. Ex was, other weren’t.

3. I think that I reacted well to all of them, and hopefully helped make them feel well and appreciated over it.

chayosandlife

1) I had my best friend come out to me as pansexual before

2) nope mainly because I didn't even know what asexuality was then

3) honestly it was all very casual . it basically went like this 

friend: oh btw I'm pan 

me: oh cool

conversation continues like normal

it was probably like this because we are lucking to be in a pretty supportive aria and she had already talked about thinking she was bi before saying she was pan.

• 2 weeks later...
ChickenMayo

1) i had a friend who come out as a bi back then when i'm in highschool

2) no, because i'm not really an open book person irl

3) honestly i feel really happy for him, and he said that he feel "relieved", and now i'm just doing the best thing i can do to keep supporting him

Back to my original post. If our friend was to ask me about being perpetually single, I'd tell her I was asexual. I'm not sure if I could come out to her 'just in casual conversation'. I'm not sure how her reaction would be considering what she probably went thru before coming out. Thru high school she had boyfriends, so I don't know if she felt like had to have them to fit in or not.

Archived