Tinder interviewed me about Asexuality!

zo_zum

Hey guys!

I wanted to create this topic because I was blessed to be a part of this project that helps gain Asexual visibility and education! I was interviewed by Tinder (of all people) and they basically just had me describe my life as an AroAce, and how I have come to be a part of this crazy awesome family we have here. The video even has a link to AVEN and I couldn't have been happier with the experience that I had with the people from Tinder. It's not official but I could be writing an article with them further educating the general public about us, and maybe it will reach those who are part of our spectrum as well. I hope that I get to continue this journey with them, and I will give news when I can! (please don't roast me on my asexual definition, they just told me to write what it meant to be AroAce) 

Please don't hesitate to PM me if there are any questions, comments, or concerns!

-Zoë

This is awesome!

Congratulations! 

BlakeTheNightowl~

amazing congrats im also aroace!! 🙂

Grey-Ace Ventura

Congrats girl!!

Oh! I thought I remembered seeing this video, before!

:) Thanks, for being a part of the video! It's not always easy for some asexuals to openly discuss their sexual orientation with others, even on camera. The supportive words from everyone in the video, letting other asexuals know they're not alone, was cool and important, too. 

Okay, I have a contact with Tinder who wants to hear some pitches for articles on the page. I would love to hear what you guys want written about us!! 

The topics that I have for her already are:

-The common misconceptions of asexuality

-What are Queerplatonic relationships? And how can we normalize them?

-Growing up in a heteronormative society as an asexual and/or aromantic.

-How adding specific romantic orientation selection on the app will benefit the user and Tinder. (This includes panromantic, biromantic, aromantic etc..)

I look forward to your suggestions

15 hours ago, zo_zum said:

Okay, I have a contact with Tinder who wants to hear some pitches for articles on the page. I would love to hear what you guys want written about us!!...

Oh. Cool!

I like this one a lot because it seems that many people still just view asexuals and aromantic people as being straight, that there's nothing different about them or their lives, compared to heterosexual people.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:48 AM, zo_zum said:

I definitely think this is a great topic!  (Particularly if you are aromantic- I am too)  Our lifestyles are totally different to those of which dating/ sex and relationships are a big component in their lives because those things don't feature in my life at all.  As the above commentator said, we can get written off as being 'basically straight' or just blending in with everyone else but there's actually a significant difference.  I know some aromantics do still date but some of us don't at all.

Another topic could be emergence of asexuality in the media.  There have recently been storylines in the Sex Education show on Netflix and Emmerdale which is a UK soap.  Both of these programmes have a large audience so it's wonderful that society is finally showing it in the mainstream.  

I love the video by the way :) 

Archived