What is your fantasy?

xofreddie

Hi everyone!

I discovered about asexuality just recently because of my school project. The topic was really interesting for me and I decided that I would like it as my diploma work to learn about it even more. I am a psychology student and I was searching a lot of studies about asexuality but I feel like I cant find the one that would inspire me for my topic of asexuality I cant write about relationships and I had an idea that maybe you can inspire me. I would be really happy if you could share maybe what you would like to read about asexuality. I was thinking about the  topic Sexual fantasy and masturbation among asexual individuals. What do you think about it? Please send some tips of other topics for my inspiration. Thank you :)

Frida

Rhyn Corinn

If you do decide to write about that topic, maybe you could also mention asexuals who have non-sexual erotic fantasies? It seems like it's not talked about very much, and it would have made my own 'self-discovery' easier if I'd seen it specifically mentioned earlier on. Anyway, I guess that's what I'd want to read about asexuality...I can't speak for everyone, though.

blunose2772

I have fantasies but none are sexual in nature. Wish I could help

Ace_SouthAfrica_87

To be honest there won't be much to write about. I have encountered various types of asexual people on this network, and I feel like most wish not to discuss such subject matter. Like normal sexual people we all have various positions on an "Asexual" spectrum according to our preference to other forms of attraction to people. 

Masturbation depends from person to person. So the only thing I can 100% confirm is that asexuality is very complex and difficult to understand. You will never get a stereotypical answer in your studies. Each asexual has unique characteristics and to put us in a box as a conforming orientation would just be plain crazy. I can confirm that as a collective. Some asexuals don't desire sex at all and other seldom do. While others just partake in sexual activity to keep their romantic relationship somewhat healthy.

My fantasies involve how I win a sporting event or get a raise at work, hardly ever sexual fantasies. If I have ever had sexual fantasies (I'm sure I must of) they hardly stand out and I can't recall them.

Good luck with your studies. I hope this has helped you in some way. 

nutterwithasolderingiron

it's interesting and i think if you're going to do research on it. maybe cast as wide a net as possible. many asexuals still have fantasies, sexual or otherwise but i think a wider group could help paint a bigger picture. 

but if you need a test subject. just ask. 

I have forced myself to fantasize, my way of experimenting as I refuse to have sex unless I'm sure I want it. Most of these fantasized ended up in me agressively fighting them off of me, or burst in tears.

Spontanous fantasies I do like involve romance, a cute cuddle session with my crush, or imagine her kissing me when I sit close to her. Those things rarely arouse me and when they do, it stops there.

I masturbate a handful times a year, only when hormones randomly bully me haha, no trigger whatsoever and when I'm at home, only then I will act on it (I do have a nearly non-existant libido which I believe is hormonal, but I like it as it makes me so uneasy IF it happens)

Most of my fantasies are about becoming a famous singer, been my dream since I was little. I listen to songs and fantasize I'm the one singing it, or make up a cool video in my head that matches the song. If I like someone, I will imagine them in the crowd fangirling over me hahaha

Janus the Fox

Moved to Visibility and Education Projects

Questions about Asexuality, Asexual Musings and Rantings & Open Mic Moderator

Archived