Asexuality and entering romantic relationships

henshin

Hi all,

This is a study being conducted by a student at the University of Zadar in Croatia (all in English though), looking at asexuality and tendency to enter romantic relationships, as well how they feel and how they view and describe the concept of romantic relationships. The research is also concerned with the romantic side of one’s identity and is intended to study potential differences between people who are both asexual and aromantic and people who along with asexuality identify with a romantic identity that isn’t aromantic.

Participants should identify under the asexual spectrum and be over the age of 18.

There is no time limit to complete the survey once you start, but you may wish to make sure you have a stable internet connection and charged device before starting as some questions ask for written answers. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdkPe5QSheUX005ZtJ8dTxLA8M2RnA_K8rEUCsBp1BJa_RwAQ/viewform

This request has been approved by the Research Approval Board

mathwonder1

Just completed this survey. Will participants receive a (sanitized) copy of the results? I’d like to see how my answers compare with other respondents.

Okay. I thought I'd just give a head's up to others who might also be interested in completing this survey: apparently, the survey seems to have a time limit. While I was in the middle of writing and responding to a question, taking at least five minutes, the survey suddenly refreshed the page and started me back at the beginning of the survey, erasing all of my previous answers that I'd given.

8 hours ago, LeChat said:

Okay. I thought I'd just give a head's up to others who might also be interested in completing this survey: apparently, the survey seems to have a time limit. While I was in the middle of writing and responding to a question, taking at least five minutes, the survey suddenly refreshed the page and started me back at the beginning of the survey, erasing all of my previous answers that I'd given.

Welp, that sucks. I'll let the researcher know and see if they can change this setting

14 hours ago, mathwonder1 said:

Just completed this survey. Will participants receive a (sanitized) copy of the results? I’d like to see how my answers compare with other respondents.

The researcher has offered to provide a summary of their research paper when it is completed, but other than that you won't generally be able to see other results directly. 

HonoraryJedi
3 hours ago, henshin said:

The researcher has offered to provide a summary of their research paper when it is completed, but other than that you won't generally be able to see other results directly. 

That makes sense. I would be interested to see the summed-up results. Do we usually get feedback on studies here? Because I'd love that

5 hours ago, henshin said:

Welp, that sucks. I'll let the researcher know and see if they can change this setting

Yeah. That would be good because the last page of the survey has the most questions and comment boxes to fill in, so, naturally it was taking me longer than the other pages in the survey. On the second time of filling it out, I ended up rushing and mistakenly forgetting to respond to one question (that was optional) because I was worried about losing all of my responses, again. So, I wasn't responding fully with my answers, as carefully as I was trying to do the first time.

When I clicked the next page and the survey said that I was done, I hit the backspace and tried to respond to the question I'd missed, the second time around. I don't know if my answer had been recorded or updated.

Normally, other ace and aromantic research surveys I've taken haven't had a time limit, where it would time out like that.

Thanks for all the feedback! I messaged the researcher and also encouraged them to check out this thread to see feedback.

1 hour ago, HonoraryJedi said:

That makes sense. I would be interested to see the summed-up results. Do we usually get feedback on studies here? Because I'd love that

It would be super interesting, though alas we don't have any way of following this up at the moment. A lot of the studies people take part in will not end up being published anywhere, and those that do publish are often behind paywalls.

Hopefully World Watch captures a lot of the research that is actually made available to the public!

Hi there, I'm the researcher who's currently doing his project. As per suggestion I checked out your feedback and I’m so glad and thankful so many people answered and decided to participate in this research.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:45 AM, LeChat said:

To address the supposed time limit, there isn’t one, there never has been. I wish I could help more but I don’t know what happened there. I have thoroughly checked the surveys set up and asked multiple people to try just filling it for an extended amount of time to see if anything happened and it seemed to be operating normally. As an extra precaution, just to make sure I didn’t accidentally add it after all, I looked up on how to set up a time limit in google forms, where I made the survey, and apparently there isn’t even an option to do that unless you download and extra add on which I checked and I do not have downloaded. So I can safely say that whatever happened it was not due to the survey and it remains without time limit. I’m truly sorry you lost your initial answers, I understand how frustrating that must have been and I thank you for filling up the survey once more after that, it’s a big help!

To all of you interested in results, once my research is properly written, reviewed and approved I would be more than willing to write a summary of the results and send it to AVEN’s team to post as they see fit. I would also be willing to answer any questions you might personally have about the survey or any specific part of it. As this is part of my college research and my college is working very limitedly due to current events, I can’t say exactly when my thesis will be done, but once it is I will inform AVEN properly. It makes me happy that people seem interested in results of my research and I’ll always be available via the gmail I wrote at the beginning of the survey. Once again thank you so much to all of you who filled it out and I hope there will be no more problems during it!

Archived