• No
  3. 3. Do you use contact?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Which do you prefer?

• Contacts
    • Glasses
    • I wish I had good vision period
  5. 5. Would you give anything to have better vision?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would sell my soul at this stage

Good Hell to you lovely people.

If you could wish for perfect or decent vision again would you?

I watched my vision deteriorate over the years and I hate it. When kids thought braces and glasses were cool I was like "No way in hell." Now look at me I cant even drive without glasses.

I got contact for my dance but they messed around my order and I ended up with monthly ones yuck. What a waste. 

I actually have no idea what my eye sight is cause the optometrists never seem bothered to talk to me about it. I die on the inside when people ask if I am nearsighted or farsighted. Cause I cant see close or far. I miss being able to sit down and read a book without glasses but I cant anymore. I can only do that on my phone and the furthest I can do that is about 14cm. Yes I measured. I am miserable. 

I have to animals to do so my glasses fall to the ground a lot and when a horse knocks them off I pray to hell and back they dont step on them cause I cant afford them.

I have to find a new optometrist this year when the world calms down and I feel so lost. I have had some tell me I need on pair of glasses and the rest tell me I need two.....sigh I havent even been able to get sunglasses. 

I didnt think glasses were cool so why did I get stuck with them and not the major bitch.

Im the only one in the family with glasses. Im considering Laser eye surgery one day to make it easier but I dont know. If I dont have my glasses on I cant find or do anything. 

My glasses also make my face look ridiculous and I age ten years which is worse cause I usually look older already. Sigh.

I’m typing this as my glasses are giving me on hell of a headache.

I realize now this should be in tea and sympathy maybe... oops

Guest xAveryx

I don't like glasses that much either but I tried contact lenses and with my allergies I can't stand them.

16 minutes ago, DarkGloomSquid said:

I age ten years which is worse cause I usually look older already. Sigh.

That's what I'm kinda grateful for. I have a major baby face and look like 13 without my glasses. With them I imagine myself looking like my actual age :D
Also, I have worn glasses for 6 years. If I don't wear them, I feel really vulnerable. Even with contact lenses...

5 minutes ago, xAveryx said:

I don't like glasses that much either but I tried contact lenses and with my allergies I can't stand them.

My eyes dry out like the damn Sahara desert. 

5 minutes ago, xAveryx said:

That's what I'm kinda grateful for. I have a major baby face and look like 13 without my glasses. With them I imagine myself looking like my actual age :D
Also, I have worn glasses for 6 years. If I don't wear them, I feel really vulnerable. Even with contact lenses...

When I was 14 people already thought I was 20....I hate it cause I end up looking to old and then when Im actually 20 Im suddenly in my 30s.

I avoided glasses like the plague cause my first pair did nothing to help me. Ive only had mine for 4 years. I needed to get some for my learners. 

I should be wearing my glasses full time, but sometimes I just can't be bothered lol. I do have them on anytime I go out (or when I can feel my eyes hurt when trying to look at something or when I can't focus properly)

I wish I didn't have to wear glasses, but I could never get used to poking myself in the eye on behalf of contact lenses

Luckily my vision is not so bad that I bump into things (though I did once take the wrong bus because I couldn't read the destination) the downside is, I thought it was normal to not be able to see peoples faces or signs on the street until I was very close to them

I'm considering opening up my collection of glasses, I am bored of my current ones

Rhyn Corinn

My eye sight started getting noticeably worse in recent years and I got my glasses about two years ago. I remember for a while, I didn't want to get them because I thought I wouldn't look right with glasses, but now I love them. It's kind of inconvenient at times, but I think for the most part, glasses work for me. I like the way I look with glasses.

The one complaint I have is that men's glasses...are so boring. The women's section had so many nice different colors! But the men's section was just boring colors, except for the one pair of blue frames that I found. I'm pretty much satisfied with those.

(On a related note, my dad has about a million different pairs of glasses...)

I got contacts last September and I’ve enjoyed wearing them. The only reason I got them initially was so I could wear these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07W21RD1H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

From Infinity War and Far From Home. I have a blue pair as well that I got first actually but I needed clear for normal use. Even with the contacts in I always wear glasses because I feel wrong without them and look better with them, so no I would not go back to normal vision. If I did then I’d still wear my fake glasses when I go outside.

I’ve had glasses since 2015 and my vision is so bad without something on.

36 minutes ago, United Pizza 149 said:

My eye sight started getting noticeably worse in recent years and I got my glasses about two years ago. I remember for a while, I didn't want to get them because I thought I wouldn't look right with glasses, but now I love them. It's kind of inconvenient at times, but I think for the most part, glasses work for me. I like the way I look with glasses.

The one complaint I have is that men's glasses...are so boring. The women's section had so many nice different colors! But the men's section was just boring colors, except for the one pair of blue frames that I found. I'm pretty much satisfied with those.

(On a related note, my dad has about a million different pairs of glasses...)

Yeah I find looking at different frames difficult because they all look quite dull.

I've had glasses since 10. Really bad eyesight that has only deteroriated. Ten years ago I started with contact lenses occasionally.

Maybe it would be good to have better eyesight and get rid of the glasses but I don't really think of it. Got used to it long ago.

I can’t say wish I had good vision again since I never had it.😆 I guess when I was toddler I was always running into things...........actually I still do that but part of that is because I have poor depth perception.

I’m also somewhat color blind in one eye, green looks more like yellow.

I got told by my optometrist that I can’t have laser eye surgery to correct my vision because it will make it worse in the future 🙃

I’ve always had trouble seeing things far away but I started wearing glasses in 2009 when I was 18 and contacts last year. Usually I wear contacts but sometimes I’m just too lazy to put them in so I’ll just put on my glasses, especially if I’m just going out to check the mail or something. At home I often just go without either one since I don’t really need to see more than three feet in front of me when I’m at home.

nutterwithasolderingiron

my vision is kinda weird. extreme close is really hard for me to see and anything more than 1-2m away is blurry. so if i'm outside my flat or watching tv from the other side of the room, i need my glasses. but outside, i have to wear my glasses or my depth perception is all messed up. it's a given i'll have to wear em when driving/riding my bike. the latter being annoying when it's raining or im too hot. 

DarkStormyKnight

Yo my vision sucks and I wear glasses all the time. But to be honest, I think people look better in glasses (as a broad generalization) so I'm okay with it and used to wearing them at this point.

22 hours ago, N8LV3y said:

I can’t say wish I had good vision again since I never had it.😆 I guess when I was toddler I was always running into things...........actually I still do that but part of that is because I have poor depth perception.

I can imagine that lol. I dont know but watching me go from decent vision to what I am now sorta makes me sick to my stomach. Like I used to see clearly and then it started to go and the next thing I know I am squinting and copying the work from people next to me. I was destroyed when I realized I needed my glasses to read a book.

• 1 month later...
J. van Deijck

I have -3.0 diopters in one eye and the other one is almost out of order. I gave to wear glasses daily. Which I find impractical sometimes, for example now we have to wear masks at work and because of them my glasses get steamy and I can't see anything.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:31 PM, xAveryx said:

Same here. I'm technically doomed to have to wear glasses.

But on the other hand, I like my glasses. I picked them myself so they fit my style :D

I'm really amazed that only two people so far have indicated that they prefer contact lenses compared with seventeen people who say they prefer glasses. I much prefer contact lenses. I own two pairs of glasses but they have been in a drawer gathering dust for most of the time. With contact lenses you can't even feel you're wearing them and they give vision which is perfectly natural. I find that with glasses, the vision feels distorted and weird, like I'm some kind of cyborg with artificial sight.

SorryNotSorry

Ever notice how most of us with Asperger’s have terrible eyesight?

Skycaptain
1 hour ago, Woodworker1968 said:

I must be the exception then. At 48 I'm the only person in four generations in my family who doesn't wear glasses 

I tried contacts at one point years ago. My eyes would dry up and the lenses would fall out. Not good for me. These days I need different prescriptions for different purposes (one for distance stuff like driving and tv viewing; a different one for closer things like computer use; no glasses for reading books; and magnifiers for closeup detail work), so contacts probably wouldn't be practical.

On 4/17/2020 at 5:13 PM, DarkGloomSquid said:

Good Hell to you lovely people.

If you could wish for perfect or decent vision again would you?

I watched my vision deteriorate over the years and I hate it. When kids thought braces and glasses were cool I was like "No way in hell." Now look at me I cant even drive without glasses.

I got contact for my dance but they messed around my order and I ended up with monthly ones yuck. What a waste. 

I actually have no idea what my eye sight is cause the optometrists never seem bothered to talk to me about it. I die on the inside when people ask if I am nearsighted or farsighted. Cause I cant see close or far. I miss being able to sit down and read a book without glasses but I cant anymore. I can only do that on my phone and the furthest I can do that is about 14cm. Yes I measured. I am miserable. 

I have to animals to do so my glasses fall to the ground a lot and when a horse knocks them off I pray to hell and back they dont step on them cause I cant afford them.

I have to find a new optometrist this year when the world calms down and I feel so lost. I have had some tell me I need on pair of glasses and the rest tell me I need two.....sigh I havent even been able to get sunglasses. 

I didnt think glasses were cool so why did I get stuck with them and not the major bitch.

Im the only one in the family with glasses. Im considering Laser eye surgery one day to make it easier but I dont know. If I dont have my glasses on I cant find or do anything. 

My glasses also make my face look ridiculous and I age ten years which is worse cause I usually look older already. Sigh.

I’m typing this as my glasses are giving me on hell of a headache.

I realize now this should be in tea and sympathy maybe... oops

Contacts are crap. Ugh. 

I wear glasses ... Theoretically. My myopias like 2.5 so I can go through life pretending I don't need it and taking pictures of the blackboard. Which I do. One day my glasses broke and I had trouble getting another and it just happened. Now I am just on migraine meds because I am stupid. HoOrAy!! Anyway, uh. Ia on glasses sucking lol. 

But contacts? If I had to rely on those I'd check sell my soul ; can't do it AT ALL. Nor prescription lenses, nor colored. So jealous of those girls who do cosplay videos and put it like they're putting on a bracelet. Last time I tried I researched for hours, purchased the most expensive lens (as it was colored for cosplay + prescription + safe brand) with money I barely had, spent an hour in the bathroom trying to get over my fears and just put the thing (assisted by my dad who wore contacts daily for years ........) and it ended in "nope I can't" and contact lenses down the litter again. 0/10 wouldn't recommend 

GingerRose

I can't see far away.

I wear glasses but I don't like them.

I am too stubborn to even try contacts, so glasses it is.

Better vision without glasses would be nice.

J. van Deijck
18 hours ago, Ortac said:

I find that with glasses, the vision feels distorted and weird, like I'm some kind of cyborg with artificial sight.

Could be you're not used to glasses? 🤔 I remember my first week with glasses was a similar feeling :D but, on the other hand, I was amazed that I could finally know how the world looks in HD. :P

Sometimes I wish I could wear contacts (especially now with all that face masks thing), but my eyes don't tolerate them. No fun to be prone to allergies :D maybe it's hereditary, my grandma had exactly the same problem and so does my dad.

After several years glasses are something natural for me. Like, when I wake up, the first thing I do is putting my "second eyes" on their place :D

J. van Deijck
17 hours ago, Woodworker1968 said:

Yeah, and I noticed how many aces wear glasses, too :D for me it's something different, though. I have MFS and actually -3.0 diopters is a fairly good eyesight for that condition :P

4 hours ago, Jelle van der Lee said:

Sometimes I wish I could wear contacts (especially now with all that face masks thing), but my eyes don't tolerate them.

It's worthwhile trying literally every type of contact lens available before deciding they are definitely not for you.

There are various sorts out there, such as single use daily disposables, ones you use for two weeks before replacing them, ones you use for a month before replacing them, and probably more besides.

Different ones work for different people. I find I can only comfortably use the daily disposable ones, and that other sorts feel like I have cellophane in my eye. I know other people who say the same, but I also know other people who say the complete opposite and they only feel comfortable with the non-disposable ones.

Not only that, the brand you are using can also make a difference. There are two brands of daily disposables I can use which feel completely comfortable, but there are others I have tried which feel horrible and I can’t tolerate them at all.

Wearing glasses isn't a big enough inconvenience to me to justify the further inconvenience of contacts or surgery. I'm fine with wearing glasses, and they don't get in the way of my daily life.

Specifically, my left eye is a lot weaker than my right eye, but glasses make up for the problems.

I'm practically blind. I've always been this way, so wearing glasses seems normal. I can't wear contacts, can't even put drops in my eyes without a major effort. I would never get laser surgery. I've never thought much one way or the other about the statement wearing glasses makes. I just figured it was a functional item, not really about a certain look (smarter, cooler, older, younger, sportier, fashionable). But I guess I'm the only one...

DuranDuranfan

I was born with a strabismus of my left eye. It was severe enough that it wouldn’t self-correct so I had a patch placed over my right eye and I had my first pair of glasses as well. I was nine months old at the time. When I was one year old I had an operation to straighten my eyes so that I’d have binocular vision, but I don’t have complete binocular vision. So my depth perception is poor. 

On 5/21/2020 at 8:55 PM, Ortac said:

I'm really amazed that only two people so far have indicated that they prefer contact lenses compared with seventeen people who say they prefer glasses. I much prefer contact lenses. I own two pairs of glasses but they have been in a drawer gathering dust for most of the time. With contact lenses you can't even feel you're wearing them and they give vision which is perfectly natural. I find that with glasses, the vision feels distorted and weird, like I'm some kind of cyborg with artificial sight.

I love my contacts but I look better with glasses so I wear my fake ones.

DuranDuranfan
On 5/21/2020 at 1:50 PM, Woodworker1968 said:

Yeah that’s weird.....

I definitely prefer contacts now that we're expected to wear masks. Last week when I went to the store I wore my glasses instead because I couldn't be arsed to put in my contacts but I just couldn't deal with the fogging when I was in the store so I just took my glasses off because I preferred having blurry vision to that shit.

Archived