Ace/Aro Headcannons

SoggyDoggy

What are some of your Ace/Aro headcanons? I headcanon Batman from Batman: The Animated Series as ace, Jedi,(minus Anakin and a few others) from Star Wars as somewhere on the ace spectrum (grey ace or otherwise) and clones as ace/aro, with any exceptions being ace. As for clone troopers I think it’s even safe to say many, if not most, are sex repulsed aroaces. I also headcanon most incarnations of Link from Legend of Zelda as ace/aro and all exceptions, ace.

I have many fandoms where I headcannon that kind of thing, you aren't alone!

nutterwithasolderingiron

daria morgendorffer from daria. i think there is a season 5 episode where it's all but confirmed except in words

3 hours ago, Ace Pilot said:

My favorite headcanon is that Ahsoka Tano is ace. 

I love the idea of ace Ahsoka, she’s one of my favorite Star Wars characters

Luffy from One Piece seems aro-ace, though the creator said he doesn't plan on doing any romantic subplots anyway. Also, Sunakawa from Ore Monogatari is aromantic.

AceMissBehaving

Started watching I Am Not Ok With This and briefly head cannoned Sydney as ace. I knew she wouldn’t be, but had a good couple of episodes to enjoy the illusion

I have a tendency to headcannon every non-romanceable companion in a game as aro. Especially if they have some sort of dialogue along the lines of "I'm too busy for that kind of stuff", then they're just waiting for me to get my grubby little hands on them.

I also think Katniss is an underrated aroace headcannon! She so clearly just wants to be left alone even when the love triangle is pushed on her! 

On 4/22/2020 at 11:30 AM, frostboot said:

I have a tendency to headcannon every non-romanceable companion in a game as aro. Especially if they have some sort of dialogue along the lines of "I'm too busy for that kind of stuff", then they're just waiting for me to get my grubby little hands on them.

I also think Katniss is an underrated aroace headcannon! She so clearly just wants to be left alone even when the love triangle is pushed on her! 

That doesn’t happen to be a reference to Cloud from Final Fantasy, does it?

8 hours ago, SoggyDoggy said:

Unfortunately not! I've only ever played a tiny bit of Final Fantasy but I'm happy to hear there are more headcannons waiting to be claimed

WrenIsNotMyRealName!!
On 4/16/2020 at 4:55 PM, nutterwithasolderingiron said:

daria morgendorffer from daria. i think there is a season 5 episode where it's all but confirmed except in words

I know EXACTLY what episode you're talking about. It's where that rumour that she and Tom had sex spread around school, right? I think it's called "Problems at Daria's House" or something along though lines.

WrenIsNotMyRealName!!

The Doctor from Doctor who would probably be Ace. I haven't watched much of the show but from I've seen. Peridot from Steven Universe had been confirmed AceAro. So has Alastair from Hazbin Hotel. The bald dude from Game of Thrones is confirmed on screen as AceAro.

I feel like Professor Mcgonagall and Headmaster Dumbledore are both AceAro too. But their both in the "I don't need it to be happy." mentalities and Voldemort(who I also think is AceAro) is in the "Any form of relationship is weakness." mentality.

nutterwithasolderingiron
8 hours ago, WrenIsNotMyRealName!! said:

I know EXACTLY what episode you're talking about. It's where that rumour that she and Tom had sex spread around school, right? I think it's called "Problems at Daria's House" or something along though lines.

That's the one. Honesty I know a lot of Daria fans hated Tom but I actually liked him. In many ways he was a lot like Daria but more supportive than she could be while willing to call her out on her bs. I don't think they should have stayed together though. 

Tbh that is one of my favourite episodes. 

WrenIsNotMyRealName!!
4 hours ago, nutterwithasolderingiron said:

That's the one. Honesty I know a lot of Daria fans hated Tom but I actually liked him. In many ways he was a lot like Daria but more supportive than she could be while willing to call her out on her bs. I don't think they should have stayed together though. 

Tbh that is one of my favourite episodes. 

Mine too and yeah, I liked Tom. Cause like you said, he was a good friend for Daria because he could see how she thought and was chill with it but wouldn't let her get away with things.

StarrySkies

I headcanon Charlie Weasley from Harry Potter as Ace/Aro. He seemed to love his job and had no interest in romantic relationships, but he was close to his family. I also headcanon Hollyleaf and Twigbranch from warriors as ace since neither of them wanted kits or a mate, but Twigbranch especially wasn't opposed to the idea of romance, just the more sexual side of it. (They don't really go into that detail since it's a kid's book though.)

Diana DeLuna

Headcanon is pointless. It pisses me off that people have to daydream that some character might possibly have something vaguely in common with them.

To the book/movie/TV/gaming franchises all: I've had it with you. Give us real Ace representation or don't waste our time. 😡

WrenIsNotMyRealName!!
7 hours ago, Diana DeLuna said:

Headcanon is pointless. It pisses me off that people have to daydream that some character might possibly have something vaguely in common with them.

To the book/movie/TV/gaming franchises all: I've had it with you. Give us real Ace representation or don't waste our time. 😡

Well, I only ever headcanon if the last thing we need to call the character Ace is for them to be publicly confirmed. I only claim headcanon when I have 90 percent proof.

I have far too many ace headcanons lol. But my favourites are:

- Aroace Frodo (LOTR) 

- Ace Keith (Voltron) 

- Aroace Merida (Brave) 

- Ace Obi-Wan (SW) 

- Ace Noctis (FFXV) 

WrenIsNotMyRealName!!

Actually, I think Ford from Gravity Falls has been confirmed AceAro.

SoggyDoggy
9 hours ago, WrenIsNotMyRealName!! said:

Actually, I think Ford from Gravity Falls has been confirmed AceAro.

That’s awesome! Gravity Falls is one of my favorite shows

WrenIsNotMyRealName!!
2 hours ago, SoggyDoggy said:

That’s awesome! Gravity Falls is one of my favorite shows

Yeah, someone tweeted Hirsh asking what Ford's sexuality was and he replied "Science."

On 4/27/2020 at 6:52 PM, Diana DeLuna said:

I get what you're saying. It's also really annoying when a creator says a character is lgbt+ online but not in the actual media.

Diana DeLuna

Totally, @Jo_March. If a character is named QUILTBAG+ as a literal afterthought, don't bother.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:10 PM, SoggyDoggy said:

My ass was shaking and jumping so much at Words of Clerith in the remake, don't say that. (Especially sad because I cheered on Zackrith before. Maybe I am just projecting my actual desire to marry her in playables.)  

On 4/19/2020 at 2:47 PM, Jo_March said:

Luffy from One Piece seems aro-ace, though the creator said he doesn't plan on doing any romantic subplots anyway. Also, Sunakawa from Ore Monogatari is aromantic.

Is Suna aromantic, though? I remember (I only saw the anime ages ago...) there was talk of him being secretly in love with Takeo and, as they (I) put it, romance in the 2010s is comprised of a smol closeted gay in love with their giant friend and said friend being completely oblivious, but hey anyway. Where was I?  

Oh yes, headcanons. 

I personally headcanon a few characters, but I headcanon my favorite character (Lelouch, Code Geass ...) as ace. Doesn't help that he's kissed half the cast of the series (and presumably dated a few hundred girls in dates arranged by Sayoko ...) and wasn't particularly excited about any of it. No thoughts, head empty, just getting revenge. 

ace bookdragon
On 5/16/2020 at 5:59 PM, Byrdalish said:

Elsa from Frozen, Ace and probably also Aro

yeah, same.

I also think that Crowley from Ranger's Apprentice could be ace and possibly aro.

EDIT: EXCEPT I ship him and Halt so maybe he's grayro?

Diana DeLuna
22 hours ago, Byrdalish said:

Wouldn't it be something if Disney just flat out said that, but also backed it up in its inevitably upcoming 8 sequels, by having Elsa talk about how she is "not meant for love," or something like that.

More characters. Headcanon to Canon. It is time.

Domestic Tourist

In Tolkein, almost every character, because the books are so sexually sterile.  Even characters that are married and have children I imagine only engage in coitus for procreation, which makes perfect sense because they are basically Catholic allegory.  Examples:  Bilbo, Frodo, Gandalf, Boromir, Theoden even Aragorn.  The only character that probably isn't Ace is Samwise.

In DBZ, almost all of the Sayians.

In Star Trek, TNG, Captain Picard is heteroromantic ace, willing to go out for coffee and a crossant with an established professional career woman, but he is in a long term relationship with his Starfleet career, and the Captain's Chair.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:59 PM, Byrdalish said:

Gosh yes. I kinda hate how people headcanon her as lesbian when she legit doesn't have any female potential sexual interest. Such erasure lol. 

Archived