Is it possible to be asexual yet have a high libido?

Sleepysloth1234

Sleepysloth1234

I believe I'm ace, but my hormones say otherwise. I'm not attracted to anyone sexually and the thought of doing anything sexual with anyone else almost feels gross. I'm just not interested in doing it with anyone and when someone shows interest sexually, I feel highly uncomfortable. But after a certain time of the month comes ovulation and I deal with it the only way I know how. So am I asexual even with a high libido/sex drive?(i dont know what to call it)

nutterwithasolderingiron

yup. i kinda have a high libido yet little to no desire to have sex......... well actually i've got a libido like a square wave. it tends to fluctuate between high (high libido) ground (no interest in anything) and the negative (where more sexual things actually freak me out)

Sleepysloth1234

Me too! How do I make up the fact that I dont want to have sex with my partner even though my libido is existent then? Because it's nothing personal

Sleepysloth1234

I dont want them to feel inadequate or anything and I dont want to feel guilty about me not feeling sexually attracted to them.

2 minutes ago, Sleepysloth1234 said:

Me too! How do I make up the fact that I dont want to have sex with my partner even though my libido is existent then? Because it's nothing personal

Don't tell them you have a libido. It doesn't actually concern them as it's just part of your body. All they need to know is that  you don't want sex. You're ace and appear to sex-repulsed and if that's true there's nothing to gain from feeling guilty about something you cannot change. 

Janus the Fox

While terms like libido and sex drive are controversial, plenty of asexuals experience any level of physical arousal for various reasons not connected to sexuality.

• Like 1

I think Vesper explained it best on their channel when they said that libido and sexual attraction were 2 different things as libido is just a body thing where as if it's "pointing to someone" only then it becomes sexual attraction xD