Avoided media with sex scenes w/people of my gender

Aris

I am an aroace with fluctuating sex adversion/repulsion (it’s usually between 50-80%). But I was also really curious about why people have sex when I was a younger. I actually found some of the media about sex interesting. 

However, I couldn’t stand reading/watching anything with someone of my gender having sex (every time my brain would go “well they’re similar to you so why don’t you have this incredibly detailed sense image of you in their position” which was horrible (I relate to people way too easily in general)). But I was still curious and kept trying.

Eventually, I discovered that reading about same sex couples of the opposite gender having sex didn’t trigger the mirroring and I could try to figure out what made sex appealing to my heart’s content (until I got bored). Some actually made me consider trying sex for half a second.

Anyone else experience this?

YESSSS. Gosh, everything you said resonated with me. I can totally relate to everything.

Scottthespy

Yyyup. Loved reading male on male smut while I was still figuring this stuff out, but got cold squicked out by anything with female anatomy.

I found females fucking disgusting and always got pissed off at female reader stuff in fanfiction. Never really understood why until I figured out I was trans. 

Moving this to Musirants, Skycaptain moderator TGA 

Janus the Fox

Though I don’t actively avoid such media, my interest in media does not actively contain this sort of topics.

Archived