83 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite pepper

• Green
    • Yellow
    • Red
    • Orange

This poll is closed to new votes

I prefer the green bell pepper

It varies according to what I'm making. If say, it's a salad with a green lettuce I'd use a different pepper, say red if there's also carrot or yellow with tomatoes. 

The most useful point to know is that a three segment pepper is sweeter than a four segment pepper 

everywhere and nowhere

None. I just don't like the taste of this vegetable. Which I regret a bit, because there are many ready-made dishes with peppers, but I can't make myself enjoy this taste.

The poll is fresh, perhaps you should edit it and add a "none" option?

everywhere and nowhere
41 minutes ago, stampoc said:

Bell peppers have high vitamin C.

Red bell peppers have vitamin A.

Read it from google.

I don't care about it, I just can't enjoy this taste. There are other vitamin sources which are more palatable for me.

Anthracite_Impreza

Where is option for "vegetables are gross"? >.<

[X] meh

I'm not going to throw a tantrum when there's some in my meal, but oh yeah gimme all the bell peppers isn't something I'm likely to say.

Winter-Cattle
5 minutes ago, theV0ID said:

Peppers are fruits so that option would be irrelevant.

It doesn't really make sense to apply botanical terms to culinary experiences though? They are botanical "fruits", but that doesn't mean they're not "vegetables".

everywhere and nowhere
10 minutes ago, Winter-Cattle said:

It doesn't really make sense to apply botanical terms to culinary experiences though? They are botanical "fruits", but that doesn't mean they're not "vegetables".

Indeed. "Fruit" is both a botanical and a culinary term, but "vegetable" a culinary term only. Vegetables can be, botanically speaking, fruits (peppers, tomatoes), roots (carrot), bulbs (potatoes), seeds (lentils and other legumes), leaves (cabbage) or even flowers (caulliflower, broccoli).

3 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

None. I just don't like the taste of this vegetable. Which I regret a bit, because there are many ready-made dishes with peppers, but I can't make myself enjoy this taste.

The poll is fresh, perhaps you should edit it and add a "none" option?

I had thought about it beforehand but felt as it is just a straight one question that I wouldn't have none as an option

It is similar basis to why in the waffles, pancakes, and French toast poll in question 4, there was only the 3 choices

Grumpy Alien

I hate bell peppers 🤷‍♀️

I only like red peppers, but my family thinks that they're all the same.

It's like comparing mature cheddar with mild cheddar.

Anthracite_Impreza
3 hours ago, Winter-Cattle said:

Thank you.

I honestly don't know if I have a favorite. I love them all. I probably eat green the most, though

Alejandrogynous

Depends on what I'm making but generally I like green the most.

If anyone can taste the difference between them they have a more sensitive palate, it's the aesthetics with everything else I'm eating that I notice 

1 hour ago, Skycaptain said:

If anyone can taste the difference between them they have a more sensitive palate, it's the aesthetics with everything else I'm eating that I notice 

Not sure about the difference between yellow, red, or orange but green peppers have a less sweet taste than the others. 

The other peppers are more ripe, picked later than green

SpaceDustbin

None (food intolerance, so I don't like them as much anymore ;) ), but yellow or red do taste better than green. Don't think I ever had orange. 

I'm in the "none" camp. I also consider bell peppers to be in the category of vegetables I do not like. :P 

(didn't vote in the poll because I can't)

Banana pepper...

I cannot vote on this because i like all bell peppers equally!

Celyn: The Lutening

I like them all except green. Green peppers are bitter and grassy, no likey.

Spoiler

I love yellow, orange and red. They all have a sweetness to them that Green cannot match!

Great now I want Stuffed Bell Peppers now!

J. van Deijck

Can't vote. i love them all equally and I always buy all colours when I want to use them in my food.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived