Break up advice

Lunar kid

Is it ok to break up with a friend, when your queer platonic feelings are not reciprocated? If not how to maintain a healthy friendship with that person. 

Do you mean that they don't consider you as a friend of their's? Ultimately you want to do what is right for you, what can keep you happy. Do you think that staying friends will benefit you and this other person? I would just go with the flow, don't force anything if it can cause harm to either one of you. ❤️ 

@Gldlynch she still think of me as a friend (that was what she told me). 99% of the time for the past 3-4 years i was the one who sends the first text messages. She gives me reply.i feel that i was the one putting effort to keep this friendship alive.

7 minutes ago, Lunar kid said:

@Gldlynch she still think of me as a friend (that was what she told me). 99% of the time for the past 3-4 years i was the one who sends the first text messages. She gives me reply.i feel that i was the one putting effort to keep this friendship alive.

Oh boy do I feel this! Hahaha. Um... I mean if she has clearly told you that you are a friend to her, then surely you are a friend! But... if you feel like it is easier to remove yourself from this sort of awkward situation, by all means, you can take control of the situation and do it.

In my personal opinion, I would rather keep them as a friend, even if it's from a distance. I wouldn't go out of my way and break it off completely... :( 

@Gldlynch Its actually frustrating sometimes, that person and I were Best friends during school days but  now we are just friends (Kind of acquaintance). I am not able to accept it. I dont know what to do ?

DarkStormyKnight

^^ Totally agree with @CBC there, especially about picking the less frustrating option. Because I'm sure you're annoyed about having to put your effort into this friendship when it should be a team effort. And while it's sad that this relationship has run its course or is changing, it seems like you did all you could for this relationship. So you can take some comfort in that, but at a certain point it just becomes healthier to let it go.

Archived