Hello, I'm new and clueless

ResaVida

Hi, i'm new in this community, as in this post is loteraply the first time i'm addressing this topic, aside from 2 people in my life. I live in a very "religious" country, with all the stereotypes attached to it, as in i don't think i even ever got a sex education class in school, and the closest thing to it is biology class (basically, you'll magically know about sex when you get married, and the sex ed parents give you is basically "if you have sex you'll get a baby, and it is a sin if a baby is not the goal).

I think i'm pretty open minded (despite my "education" growing up, and i have always supported LGBTQ+ movements, even when i myself is religious. I have always have "confusing" views about "romantic" and "sexual acts" things, as in i really don't have much of them. My friend referred me to this forum after i tell her a bit about this thing i have. Reading the more specific things about aces (a while ago, i thought aces are all "i don't want sex" types, so i thought that didn't fit me all that well, but reading more things about this community, i think i actually do fall somewhere in one of these sub categories, i just don't know which.

Also i don't know where to go after writing this, do i...just chat in the comments? Thank you in advance for....the...help..? (I'm so sorry, this is also the first forum anything thing i've done)

1 hour ago, ResaVida said:

Hi, i'm new in this community, as in this post is loteraply the first time i'm addressing this topic, aside from 2 people in my life. I live in a very "religious" country, with all the stereotypes attached to it, as in i don't think i even ever got a sex education class in school, and the closest thing to it is biology class (basically, you'll magically know about sex when you get married, and the sex ed parents give you is basically "if you have sex you'll get a baby, and it is a sin if a baby is not the goal).

I think i'm pretty open minded (despite my "education" growing up, and i have always supported LGBTQ+ movements, even when i myself is religious. I have always have "confusing" views about "romantic" and "sexual acts" things, as in i really don't have much of them. My friend referred me to this forum after i tell her a bit about this thing i have. Reading the more specific things about aces (a while ago, i thought aces are all "i don't want sex" types, so i thought that didn't fit me all that well, but reading more things about this community, i think i actually do fall somewhere in one of these sub categories, i just don't know which.

Also i don't know where to go after writing this, do i...just chat in the comments? Thank you in advance for....the...help..? (I'm so sorry, this is also the first forum anything thing i've done)

Welcome to AVEN! 🍰

Yes, you can see who posts and chat here or go to one of the other sections (e.g. Questions about Asexuality) and ask specific questions, or see if anyone has asked similar questions already which may help you. You shouldn’t ask “am I asexual?” as the rules on AVEN mean we can’t answer this, but you could for example ask “my experience is a, b & c, can anyone relate to this? Do you identify as asexual / how do you identify?”.

I also thought asexuality was something it isn’t; I thought it meant no attraction to others whatsoever. I feel strong romantic and aesthetic attraction so that’s definitely not me! Turns out I am asexual; I don’t experience sexual attraction.

Happy to answer any specific questions if you have any 😊

Thank you lam9man! I'll try to find the qna section you talked about. I guess i have a general question, am i replying to your reply now..? I tried to find a reply button somewhere, and i can't seem to find it, so i'm niw mostly testing to see if i just write on this section, will you get a notif or smth, thank you!

13 minutes ago, Iam9man said:

Welcome to AVEN! 🍰

Yes, you can see who posts and chat here or go to one of the other sections (e.g. Questions about Asexuality) and ask specific questions, or see if anyone has asked similar questions already which may help you. You shouldn’t ask “am I asexual?” as the rules on AVEN mean we can’t answer this, but you could for example ask “my experience is a, b & c, can anyone relate to this? Do you identify as asexual / how do you identify?”.

I also thought asexuality was something it isn’t; I thought it meant no attraction to others whatsoever. I feel strong romantic and aesthetic attraction so that’s definitely not me! Turns out I am asexual; I don’t experience sexual attraction.

Happy to answer any specific questions if you have any 😊

Oh is this how i reply in the comment..? I'm sorry i don't really understand how forums work..

Both of those ways work 😊

But if you actually quote the message the person who wrote it will see that you are replying to them.

You can also quote their username to get their attention, which you do by writing @ followed by their username, so @ResaVida

Alternatively you can quote part of their message by highlighting it and clicking quote, like this:

3 minutes ago, ResaVida said:

Oh is this how i reply in the comment..?

😊

3 minutes ago, Iam9man said:

highlighting

Got it! Thank you so much! I'mma just head to the QnA section and lurk around for a bit

Welcome! I’d recommend getting to know the forum and how all the different functions work for messaging :) 

Spoiler

Like the eye icon creates an openable spoiler.

la-fo-proof-chocolate-cake-20160213&f=1&

4 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! I’d recommend getting to know the forum and how all the different functions work for messaging :) 

Reveal hidden contents

Like the eye icon creates an openable spoiler.

Thank you for the cake!! I love how sending newbies cakes are a tradition 😍

Archived