Is plaid a thing for people on AVEN????

AceCase47

I thought plaid/flannel was a lesbian stereotype. I've seen people talk/joke about how lesbians love wearing plaid so many times. I've never heard of it being a bi thing.

I used to wear plaid/flannel shirts very often in middle school. And one day my crush actually said that he's sure that I'll turn out to be a lesbian in the future. I always wondered if the plaid (or my style in general) was the reason or one of the reasons why he said that. Anyway I don't really know why he said that, it might have just been a random comment. He always used to say the weirdest things that often made absolutely no sense. (btw in case you're wondering, I'm not a lesbian, I'm super super straight. Not ace)

I do still wear plaid shirts.

19 hours ago, Homer said:

I haven't. When has that been decided?

Honestly I have no idea but I have just heard that plaid is a signature bi staple, and so are cuffed jeans. 🤷🏻‍♀️

15 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

I have one pair of plaid pants at the moment, though I've owned some plaid shirts before. Patterns don't work very well on me since I have a lot of curves that become very political when accentuated.  (🙄) I'm much more of a solid colour kind of person, or heather patterns. I hope that doesn't make me straight!

Lol no of course not, you are whoever you want to be and whatever you want to be - I just found it funny and was wondering if people thought the same about plaid like I do! We don’t have to fit our stereotypical thing either, everyone’s experience is different. 😊

Anthracite_Impreza

I've never worn any plaid at all, I exist solely in trackies, hoodies and t-shirts (70% of which are cars or choo choos, the rest dinosaurs or wolves, a Spitfire one and one of Bucky Barnes (💚)).

9 hours ago, AceCase47 said:

Honestly I have no idea but I have just heard that plaid is a signature bi staple, and so are cuffed jeans. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don't speak clothescode and if anyone wants to draw a conclusion from what I wear away from work, they're in for a major disappointment. To me there are two kinds of clothes - those that fit and those that don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25 minutes ago, Homer said:

I don't speak clothescode and if anyone wants to draw a conclusion from what I wear away from work, they're in for a major disappointment. To me there are two kinds of clothes - those that fit and those that don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hahah I feel you lol

Anthracite_Impreza
34 minutes ago, Homer said:

To me there are two kinds of clothes - those that fit and those that don't 

As an autistic, to me there are those, and then there are those that feel like you would more comfortable jumping into a patch of stinging nettles, and those that embrace you in their soft, comforting embrace so much you never want to leave.

2 hours ago, Homer said:

What clothes "fit" is subjective.

Minty greens

plaid is just a queer item at this point
the Lesbians claimed it
the Bisexuals claimed it
the Lumber jacks claimed it
genderfluids partly claimed it
now the Aces are claiming it
It's just queer now.

I think I’ve got like 20 plaid , I wear them more in the summer instead of a hoodie.

@Minty greens, are all lumberjacks queer? 😋😋

8 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

@Minty greens, are all lumberjacks queer? 😋😋

Lumberjacks are okay. ;) 

I had a lot of plaid clothes as a little kid, but it was never something of my choosing; that was just the style of clothes that my family happened to get for me.  I don't have anything like that anymore.

Duke Memphis
6 hours ago, daveb said:

Lumberjacks are okay. ;) 

They sleep all night, and they work all day.

Minty greens

@Skycaptain
if they aren't, then I know some gay guys that will be sad

LegolasAroAce
On 4/2/2020 at 2:24 PM, AceCase47 said:

Okay, so we have all probs heard about plaid being a signature bi item, and most of us know about Ace Rings, but who else here owns a hell of a lot of plaid????

Lol I’ve heard that and I wear mostly plaid/flannel. Whenever I see clothes that are said to be the bi or lesbian aesthetic I’m like “huh, my aro/ace self wears all of that”. I think queer fashion is worn by more diverse lgbtqa+ groups than people realize.

Archived