Pop Dust — What If Colton Underwood Was Just Asexual?

Homer

While a reality TV show like The Bachelor is no place to find enlightened social commentary, the series' first virgin lead put the concept of virginity under public scrutiny. What is virginity? Does it even exist? In reality, it's as much a social construct as gender. Still, we seem to agree that women have the right to be as (in)experienced as they want, but if a 25-year-old man (and former pro-football player, no less) is still a virgin, then he must be gay, right?

Mar 31, 2020 — https://www.popdust.com/what-if-colton-underwood-was-just-asexual-2645602477.html

AceMissBehaving

I’ve never watched the Bachelor, but that was an interesting read 

Duke Memphis

The Bachelor's only had one virgin so far in however long the show's been running? That kind of surprises me.

Assuming that this isn't just some kind of spin, I like that he's an example of a genuinely conventionally attractive person feeling like this, not "some blobfish that claims to be asexual just because he can't get any".

3 hours ago, Homer said:

Assuming that this isn't just some kind of spin, I like that he's an example of a genuinely conventionally attractive person feeling like this, not "some blobfish that claims to be asexual just because he can't get any".

That makes it sound like it's only legitimate if a "conventionally attractive person" 'feels' like this. :( 

3 minutes ago, daveb said:

That makes it sound like it's only legitimate if a "conventionally attractive person" 'feels' like this. :( 

I've heard and read that quite a bit... where asexuality is assumed to be some kind of "lame excuse" to cover up "the actual issue". In this case, being a blobfish.

Source: Am a blobfish.

AceMissBehaving

I love blobfish 

I keep misreading his name :lol: 

RoseGoesToYale
On 4/1/2020 at 9:11 AM, Duke Memphis said:

The Bachelor's only had one virgin so far in however long the show's been running? That kind of surprises me.

It's so easy to lie, though. "How much sex have you had?" "Pshaw, I've had ALL the sex!" And it's not like they can biologically test it. So my guess is they've had more, it was just this one dude who didn't care about social backlash.

Archived